Chapter 1

(This is so cringy help-)

Atsushi's POV:

I know it's not normal to feel comfortable around one of your mortal enemies, or in my case someone from the port mafia. But let's be real here, feeling comfortable around a murderer that has no eyebrows a terrible haircut, emo and a huge Dazai stan? Ryunosuke Akutagawa?

It's unheard of! I should be hating every second I spend around that guy! Every Millisecond even!

But I couldn't deny the fact that I would feel so relaxed despite that fact that they only meet on missions, which are usually rough.

Sometimes I look forward to missions. Hoping it's with Akutagawa. I think There's Something wrong with my brain.

But all this thinking has been hurting my head, I'm barely able to concentrate on my work. Kunakida has already yelled at me five times. Dazai only got yelled at 4 times so far, that's saying something.

And I don't even want to talk about the side eyes I'm getting from Yosano and Dazai. Kenji is at the playground with Kyouka so it's a little emptier.

It's better to think about this later, for now I have to make sure they're not suspicious of me doing anything weird.

Thus, going Kunikida-mode on my work, only more calmly. Flying through paper after paper. Which goes smoothly, until a certain suicide obsessed manic yanks me out of my seat and tossing me over his shoulder.

"Hey! Dazai-san! What are you doing?!" I shout hitting him on the back and kicking my legs.

"Calm down Atsushi, I just want to quickly talk to you about something, it'll be really quick I swear" he said in a playful yet serious manor, how does one do that? The only response I gave him was a small sigh and I stopped resisting as he carried me out of the room.

When we were finally out, he set me down like a kid on a nearby bench.

"Why have you been so out of it today? Your usually more talkative and get your work done faster than me, I finished before you and I was listening to my whole suicide playlist!"

"Sorry I was just...Out of it, thinking about stuff I guess" I muttered.

"What kind of stuff?" Dazai asked making a really weird puppy face.

"Just about Akutagawa and-"

"AkUTAgAwA" He shout putting his hand in the air as if surrounding to the police.

"AND OTHER THINGS"

"AKUTAGAWA?!"

"WAIT IT A MISUNDERSTANDING I SWEAR!"

"WHY AKUTAGAWA OF ALL PEOPLE!?"

"YOU DIDNT EVEN LET ME FINISH! HEAR ME OUT FIRST"

"SHUT UP!!!" Yelled Yosano from inside the room.

I don't think either of us wanted to face her wrath, so we shut up immediately. "So, Akutagawa and what?"

"I don't know, you know how you and the annoying short chihuahua you tell me about all the time? And do you remember when you said he is comfortable to be around even though he's from the Mafia?" I say looking away from his face, but I can tell it's not a shocked one, but a mixture of 'I knew it' and seriousness.

"Hmm~" And just like that he went back to being playful. "Well well well~ I was actually going to meet up with that 'annoying short chihuahua' I tell you about and he said he was bringing Akutagawa, and I don't really want to deal with him."

"Where are you going with this?"

"Shush Atsushi~ So you can meet Chuuya and talk with Akutagawa and eat some food while you're at it! A win I would say?"

"Who's Chuuya?"

"Whoops guess I forgot to tell you his actual name, didn't I? He's the 'annoying short chihuahua.'"

"Oh!"

"So, what do you say?" Dazai Said before dancing around like a five-year-old.

I mean I never have plans on the weekend mainly because I just do my work or take care of Kyouka, and maybe this 'Chuuya' Is a nice person. But work can wait, this may be fun. I swear this is the only reason I'm going...

It's not because I wanna talk with Akutagawa.

"Sure I'll go"

"Eye-eye captain~"