Chapter 57: Don't Let Go (Love)

Start from the beginning

"No, I won't. Please Quentin, let go!" - I pleaded with him.

"As your Alpha, I command you to drop my hand!" - He ordered me with glowing eyes.

Oh you wanna play it like that, huh bitch?

Not only did I NOT release his hand, I used my other hand to grab his neck in a tight grip.

"That doesn't work on me, you stupid fuck! Are you dense? If you wanna scratch your stitches so they open, be my guest! I'm done with you now!" - I growled at him, impossibly mad. My eyes are really glowing as if I was discovering a[nother] mate.

I let go of both his hand and neck, motioning to leave him alone.

"I'm sorry, Beck. I was being stupid, please don't leave me!" - He got up from the couch to try to persuade me. In the meantime, I mind linked Jude to take me home. Judging by my tone, I meant that right away.

Mrs. Atwood left the kitchen to apologize for her son's behavior. She might not have seen what happened, but she can hear just fine inside the kitchen. Jude walked downstairs in a hurry, looking worried for me.

"I can sense your anger. What happened?" - He approached me, looking concerned.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Let's go! NOW!" - I said in a raised tone, waving goodbye to Luna Atwood.

"Please don't go, mate. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it like that!" - Quentin was mortified by his own behavior, looking remorseful.

"Words have power, Mr. Atwood. As a white man in a position of authority, you should know that by now. The only reason why I'm coming back here tomorrow is out of respect for your parents and my mate. See you then!" - I declared, fuming.

Jude glared at his brother for whatever he did to me as I walked out of the house in a haste. Meanwhile, Mrs. Atwood was looking at her son, severely disappointed in him.

I got into Jude's car, taking several inhales of his scent to calm down.

It's not that he tried to use his privilege to get me to do something nefarious, but I take issue with people trying to force my hand, pun intended. I was genuinely coming from a concerned place. I want him to be healed completely.

But him trying to use his Alpha command on me, his own mate, that's something not even my father would've done. And that's saying something... *deep sigh*

Jude drove his car to the pack house asking me what was wrong, what did his brother do. After some time, I told him he tried to use his Alpha command on me. Of course, I explained the circumstances quickly so he wouldn't think anything below the belt.

But I was furious. The audacity of him. Come on!

When we entered my bedroom, I removed Jude's shirt - asking first, of course - and we laid by each other's side on the bed. Being close to my mate is my state of bliss, no matter what happens.

Soon it was time for lunch in the pack house and he'd have to return home since his mother was already preparing lunch for all of us, assuming I was gonna stay.

Some time later, I tried to call my mom because I still don't know where she went or for how long she was planning to stay. The call went straight to voicemail and I'm starting to get worried for her.

Kingsley told me via text message that his mother, my mom's cousin, didn't seem to know where she went either. This is so strange. But my best guess is that one of her family members has fallen ill and she had to rush back to the reservation to see them.

It's the only explanation that makes sense. I wonder if she'll be able to return in time for Thanksgiving dinner at the Alpha residence. I'd hate to attend it alone among all the Atwoods, not that they have been anything other than welcoming to me.