Then, Giselle, seemingly undeterred by the impending danger, chuckled. "Impressive," she wheezed, the defiance in her voice undiminished. The sight of her resilience, even in the face of Hanni's supernatural intervention, sent shivers down my spine.

The sight of Hanni, weakened and crumpling under the aftermath of her formidable effort, left a heavy ache in my chest. It was a poignant reminder of the fragility of our existence in the face of these malevolent forces. With her incapacitated, it boiled down to just Minji and me—mere mortals confronting the looming shadows of vampires.

As Giselle approached Minji with a predatory grace, a gnawing sense of helplessness enveloped me. The question lingered in my mind like a haunting echo—did we ever stand a chance against these formidable adversaries? The odds seemed insurmountable, a relentless reminder of our mortality in this supernatural battleground.

A surge of determination compelled me to intervene as Giselle closed in on Minji. However, an unknown force, a shadowy presence, held me back. The ethereal restraint felt like an ominous reminder of the overwhelming power Giselle wielded. I strained against the invisible shackles, desperate to shield Minji from the impending threat.

"Giselle, please," I implored, my voice tinged with both fear and defiance. The vampire, emanating an aura of ancient malevolence, turned her attention to me. Her voice, a blend of darkness and seduction, cut through the air. "Did you think mere mortals could challenge us, dear Karina?"

The taunting words sent a chill down my spine, a stark realization of the vast chasm that separated us from the supernatural force before us. Giselle's power loomed like an impenetrable barrier, and in that moment, the weight of our vulnerability pressed upon me. It was too late.

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Minji's gasp echoed through the room as she realized she was back in the same space with Haerin, hours before. Disbelief painted her expression — had she truly traveled through time? "Seriously?" she mumbled to herself. Haerin was crouched by an unconscious Hanni, and Minji's relief washed over her. "Haerin," she said urgently.

"I need to focus, Minji," Haerin grumbled, her attention fixed on the task at hand.

Minji shook her head in frustration. "No, Haerin. It's no use. We have to..." She faltered, lost for words. Time travel had thrown her into a conundrum. What actions could she take to alter the course of events? What did she need to change to shape a different outcome? The weight of uncertainty pressed upon her.

As Haerin skillfully wrapped up Hanni's arm, she posed a question to Minji, "Are you ready?" Minji nodded in affirmation. It had all happened so fast.

-

Amidst the campus turmoil, Minji found herself straddling the fragile boundary between vampire and human existence. Her heartbeat, a subtle melody, resonated in the silent vampiric world that surrounded her. The absence of the principal had unleashed chaos, granting vampires unchecked freedom.

As they traversed the campus, disrupting the usual tranquility, Giselle's control over her vampire allies appeared less absolute than projected. Minji's enigmatic presence played a pivotal, unnoticed role in this vampiric drama of chaos and control.

"Haerin-ah!" a voice pierced the air, causing both Haerin and Minji to sharply pivot. Before them stood a boy with striking white hair and undeniable charisma. "Fancy seeing you here," he remarked, briefly casting a discerning glance at Minji, who remained a mysterious figure.