The Siren Effect (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Lewis, on the other hand, was blushing as well, from embarrassment. The difference was that between his and Cleo's situation, was that he remembered it. He groaned, thinking he acted like such a fool. Zane chuckled next to him. "I'm there with you, dude. Think the café the next morning will be the worst for us."

Don: gets up from his seat and walks over to them. "Wait, no boys. I'll see what this is all about." He starts climbing the stairs and points down at the bottom of the staircase, passing Lewis, who seemed a little disappointed. "You two wait there." He heads to the second floor as Lewis climbs back down and waits at the bottom next to Byron.

"Dad, Lewis goes to my room all the time," Cleo told him. "Yes, but the way those two were acting, it wasn't going to happen. Not a chance," Don said, shaking his head as he frowned. Cleo sighed, shaking her head. I'm not going to like his reaction for this night, am I?

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Don walks out of Cleo's bedroom and into the hallway, with Cleo following behind him.]

Cleo: "Don't you like my singing, dad?"

Don: they stop by the bathroom door to finish their conversation as he starts pointing at her. "It's nice, Cleo. But I'm more concerned about you."

"And I meant it," Don nodded. "About the singing or being concerned about me?" "Both."

Don: points down the stairs as he stutters on how to discuss this with her, while she starts bouncing in excitement. "There are two boys down there who seem a bit, well, smitten."

Cleo: "They like me?" Rikki and Emma peek into the hallway from Cleo's doorway, listening in to their conversation. They glance at each other and then look back at the father-daughter duo.

"So you all like to listen to conversations. You did it with Emma, now with Cleo," Denman accused, crossing her arms. Being reminded of how the two overheard her conversation with Lewis on her last day at the Gold Coast. "We weren't listening in intentionally. We were just trying to keep an eye on Cleo," Rikki explained. "Yeah. Never take your eyes off a moonstruck mermaid," Emma sighed. "I think we've learned that after your first full moon," Max chuckled as he looked at the blonde.

Don: "Well, that's what it looks like. Now, why don't you go down there and tell them to go home. Right now."

"I wish it could've worked that way. Instead of that living nightmare that we went through," Rikki sighed. "I think it was more of a dream for Cleo," Emma muttered to her, causing Rikki to snicker. "What are you talking about?" Cleo asked suspiciously. "We've told you already. The whole boy thing?" Emma said, raising an eyebrow at her. "Boy thing?" Charlotte frowned. "You'll see. Anyways, Cleo, it's a whole lot more complicated than we explained," Emma smirked as she faced Cleo again. "Oh boy," Cleo sighed, not meaning to pun.

[Kim comes upstairs and sees the two in the hallway.]

Kim: "Dad, mom wants to see you."

Don: "I'm busy here."

Kim: "She said now, dad." Don looks at Cleo and sighs, who smiles in return as they both head towards the staircase and follow their youngest family member downstairs.

"In trouble with the misses, Don?" Harrison chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. "Not that day, he wasn't," Bev muttered to herself. "No, just some pests decided to show up," Don scowled, ignoring Bev. He still didn't like the idea of all those boys gawking over his little girl.