The Siren Effect (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Tiffany: gets up and stands next to Miriam, who was on the podium by the mic. "You are so amazing."

Miriam: "I am, aren't I?" They go sit back down at their table, where the two guys smile at her in astonishment.

Zane: "Miriam, that was awesome."

"Yeah, amazingly annoying," Kim said, finishing the sentence for them. Cleo chuckled at her sister's comment, making the younger one smile in return.

"Well, she is very confident about herself," Neil said. "Oh, you have no idea," Emma muttered, rolling her eyes. Meanwhile, Zane was trying not to gag out loud for his past self complimenting her.

[Rikki goes up to Wilfred, talking quietly while making a request as she glanced back at her table.]

"What are you doing, Rikki?" Terry asked. "Just making a fool out of me," Cleo said, feeling embarrassed about what everyone was about to hear. "What do you mean?" Bella asked, but gets no response back as Cleo kept her mouth shut.

"I'm sorry Cleo. I should've asked you first," Rikki winced, feeling bad for her friend. "It's alright. You didn't know," Cleo said, giving her a small smile. She didn't mind reliving it again, it's just she didn't know how everyone else was going to react. It was already embarrassing enough how the others reacted at the café, but a whole theater?

Lewis: to Byron. "I hate karaoke. I-it's just a bunch of wannabes searching for their fifteen minutes of fame. I-I think it's quite deluded." Takes a sip of his juice.

"That's not true! Karaoke is about having fun. It doesn't matter who it is and what it's about, it's all about having a great time. Karaoke is meant to be silly, not about fame," Bella said, defending her love for music. She loved karaoke; she wasn't going to let someone belittle it. Elliot nodded in agreement. He didn't sing, but he still loved music.

Wilfred: "And our next contestant, is Cleo Sertori!" Lewis spits his drink back into his cup and completely changes his attitude as he turns to her.

Lewis: "Except for you, Cleo, cause you'll be really, really good."

"Uh, have you ever heard her sing before?" Kim muttered quietly.

"What a way to change it around, Lewis," Emma smirked, making Lewis blush.

"You can sing?" Charlotte asked her. "Absolutely not," Cleo said, shaking her head awkwardly.

Cleo: looks at Wilfred in confusion as she stands up and shakes her head, ignoring the employee's offer. "I didn't put my name down."

Rikki: pushes her towards the stage. Cleo turns around facing her, looking extremely nervous. "I did. You know you want to."

"Why'd you sign her up?" Bev asked, trying to forget her jitters about Cleo's first full moon. She knew they said that the experience was different for each of them every time, so she was hoping that she wasn't in any danger during this upcoming one. But she also knew her daughter wasn't a particularly good singer. Except for one night when it came out of nowhere ... wait a second.

"Well, in all honesty, I got tired of people gawking over Miriam, so I wanted a bit of change. I thought Cleo could out stage her, but, uh ..." she would've continued her sentence, but wasn't exactly sure how to word it as she saw Cleo giving her a look. She winced and went back to looking at the screen.

Cleo: shakes her head nervously. "I can't."

Rikki: "Yes, you can. Go on. Make us proud."