Sink or Swim (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Rikki: a quick smile slips onto her face before she puts her mask back on and glances away for a second. "Oh. Well – just, don't do it again." She walks off and Byron smiles, grinning from ear to ear as he thought of what Rikki just said to him.

"Guess he isn't that slow after all. He's finally using his brain to think," Zane said, waving his arms around.

Emma couldn't help but smile at seeing Byron smile, it was so contagious to her.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Later on, back at the pool, Emma walks along the side of it as she watches the timer while Byron swims a lap. He hits the end of the pool and Emma stops the timer and sighs. She leans over the ladder as Byron paddles over to her.]

Emma: "A lot slower than yesterday, but you're kicking much better."

"You're still coaching him? I'm surprised after what he called you," Ash said. "I couldn't just let a few negative comments get in the way of helping him achieve his goal," Emma shrugged. "He needed all the help he could get." "Especially since he is such a slacker," Elliot muttered, but utterly proud of his sister for keeping her promise to help him.

Byron: holding onto one of the lines. "Silver lining in every wave."

Emma: "So I've been thinking, rather than just obsessing on winning, maybe you should concentrate on whatever feels right."

Byron: smiles at her and nods. "I like it. The Zen Approach. Getting on the same level now."

"At least they're getting along better," Lisa told Neil. "Hmm, I still think he should apologize," Neil grumbled in reply.

Emma: "Right! So, how about a few more laps?"

Byron: "I think I need a rest. I'm seriously pooped."

"I can see this is probably not going to end well already," Annette sighed.

"He needs to push harder anyways. The jerk deserves it for insulting her earlier," Don said, crossing his arms.

"He said pooped," Elliot giggled, Emma rolled her eyes at his childish behavior, but still smiled at him.

Emma: "Ok. That's good too." She stood up straight as Byron got out of the pool.

"Don't give in. You're the coach, he should listen to you, not the other way around," Sam said.

"He asked for your advice, not his," Ash commented.

Will shook his head at the guy. He should keep trying to push himself further in order to achieve his goal. After all, that's why he came to her in the first place, right? Wow, he's really starting to sound like his sister. He shuttered at the thought.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[After drying off and changing clothes, they both walk away from the pool. Emma holds her towel by her side as they go down the sidewalk.]

Byron: "I really need to apologize for saying what I did."

Emma: "This is the fifth time you've said sorry. I forgave you the first time."

"It's about time," Neil huffed.

"Wow, he either felt really bad or really liked you to apologize that much," Bella said with a small smile. "I believe it was both," Rikki grinned. "Definitely both," Cleo agreed.