The Fall of Shiganshina (1)

Inside the walls, in shiganshina. Up on a hill under a tree laid a boy, only ten or eleven years old. Two other children were walking up to him. The other boy walked up to the sleeping one.

"Really eren? Come on, we don't want to keep Carla- I mean mom waiting." He said in a monotone voice as the girl shook eren's shoulder.

Eren opened his eyes and looked at them sleepily.

"Mikasa.... did your hair get longer? And when did you cut yours (Y/n)?" He asked them.

"What are you talking about eren? Everything alright?" Mikasa asked.

"N-No. Don't worry. It just feels like I had a really long dream."

".........Stop dreaming around and better help us." (Y/n) said after a long pause and lightly chopped erens head.

"Ow...." He rubbed his head. "Do you always have to do this?"

"Yes." 

"Huh? Why are you crying Eren?" Mikasa asked, as she noticed tears the tears on him.

While eren was arguing with mikasa, (Y/n) turned away and was staring at the walls.

"(Y/n)?" Eren asked, as the two stared at (Y/n).

"Hm? Oh it's nothing. Let's head back." He said, tightening the straps on his bagpack with the wood on it, before walking.

"Ah! Wait up!" Eren yelled and together with mikasa ran to him. Mikasa, who was inbetween the two, grabbed their hands, which eren was emberassed about and (Y/n) gained an awkward smile on his face, but didn't shake her off.

"You've been really quiet today, more than usual. What's the matter?" Eren asked.

"......Nothing. Just....remembering some stuff."

"And what excactly?"

"Multiple things..... Like...... the time you saved mikasa and me from the kidnappers." He said and felt mikasa's grip on his hand tighten.

"Oh..... But don't worry! You both have me and my parents to look after you!" Eren tried to cheer us up. Mikasa smiled to that and even (Y/n) gained a small smile to that.

He looked up in the sky and thought back to when they all met back then.

*Flashback*

(Y/n)'s pov.:

'Shit.' Was the only thing I thought, as I now was inside a dark cabin out in the woods. 

I was trying to look for food, when out of nowhere some people kidnapped me. Now bound, I was sitting in the darkness. In front of me sat one of the kidnappers, while the others were gone. 

The door suddenly opened and two of the kidnappers walked in, dragging a kid with them. They threw the kid besides me before sitting down and talking to each other. I didn't care what they were talking about, instead I was looking at the other kid and was certainly suprised. There, right in front of me, sat mikasa. She had a look devoid of any life in her eyes. We didn't talk to each other, not that we were allowed to anyway by our kidnappers, so we just sat there in silence. 

A few hours later.... 

I looked over to mikasa who was still looking at nothing and with the same look as before, but her body was shivering. It was really cold here in the cabin and I was freezing myself. I carefully crawled my way other to her. I then took her by her shoulders, before holding her close to me, so we both wouldn't freeze as much. She slowly turned towards me and stared at me with her empty eyes.

"....." I didn't know what to say at first. After all, given what the kidnappers talked about, she had just lost her family and our situation wasn't the best either to cheer her up. So I quietly said the first thing that came to my mind. "It's alright to cry. I am here if you need a shoulder to cry on." I simply said with a small smile, while petting her head.