Chapter 1

"Mom, Dad, I'll be fine." I say for the millionth time. I was talking into my macbook while sitting in the middle of my empty, smelly, small ass apartment.

"Remember to always wear your seatbelt"

"And don't talk to strangers"

"Unless they're cute strangers"

"Helen!"

"And brush your teeth twice a day"

"Helen cute strangers are the most danger-"

"For Gods sake Bob she's a grown woman!"

"Guys I have to go" I said, checking my watch.

"Oh all right. We love you dear!" My mom said. I smiled. "I love you too"

I closed my laptop and picked up my dog, Bark Ruffalo. Hell yes that's his name and I'm proud of it. I looked around box city aka my apartment. I started filming for Criminal Minds tomorrow and so far 1/20 boxes were unpacked. I sighed and decided to put together some of my furniture first. I walked over to the box that was twice my size and groaned. I kicked it and it swayed back and forth. My eyes went wide.

"No no no no n-" The box fell on top of me. Just then there was a nock at the door. "Who is it." I groaned in pain. "Shemar Moore, from Criminal Minds? This is Kelsea's apartment right?" A male voice asked.

"Considering you know my name you can't POSSIBLY be an axe murderer, right?" I asked. I heard him laugh. "I hope not." He responded. "It's open." I mumbled, feeling myself being crushed under this fucking box.

I heard the door open and him laugh. "Need a little help?"

"What? Of course not. Laying under this box is therapeutic. I'm meditating." I retorted. I felt the weight of the box lifted off of me, and a fairly handsome face stare down at me. "Why hello there." I said, changing my position to the 'paint me like one of your french girls' pose. He laughed and helped me up, then extended his hand to me once again.

"I'm Shemar." He introduced. I shook his hand. "Kelsea." I said.

"I came by to introduce myself and see how you were finding L.A." He said. "Well I hope i've found it. I'm in the right city, right?" I said sarcastically. He shook his head, smiling. "I like you, Kelsea."

"I like me too!" I said, then reached into one of my open boxes and pulled out a Keurig machine. "Coffee?" I asked. He laughed. "Sure."

"So tell me about yourself" He said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Ummm, I'm Kelsea Gallagher, obviously. I'm 27. I own a dog named Bark Ruffalo, I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. I lived in one of those preppy white towns right outside of Atlanta, actually, because my dad works for a bank in Atlanta. I spent most of my miserable high school experience in my room, on my computer. I played all 4 years of Varsity soccer for my school, I went to Auburn university, graduated, and took a year off, then I went back to school and got a PhD in Chemistry, and another PhD in Humanities and the Social Sciences, both from Caltech. I love drawing, designing, and Harry Potter Marathons. I'm afraid of the dark, addicted to coffee, sarcastic as hell, and I think the muppets Christmas Carol is one of the greatest films of all time." I said. He looked impressed.

"Bark Ruffalo?" He asked. "Yup." I said, picking up my tiny little terrier. "What about you?" I asked.

"Well, you know my name, I play Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds, I'm 39, I live on the floor above you, I also model. I'm from Oakland, California, aaaannnddd that's about it." He said. I raised an eyebrow. Of course he was a model. That right there is a good looking man.

"Anything I should know before filming tomorrow?" I asked. "Matthew is not as smart as Spencer, Kirsten really dresses like Penelope, Paget is fucking hilarious, A.J. and you could be related, Thomas is the polar opposite of his character, Aaron, and Joe will most likely be one of your favorite people." He said. "Also, please don't come between Matthew and his coffee." I laughed, "Sounds like me."

"So, do you need help with that bookshelf?" He asked. I looked over at the towering box. "What, you think just because I'm a five foot four tiny female with two PhD's I can't put together a bookshelf?" I asked. He started to raise his hands in defense. "Because you are absolutely right my friend I cannot lift that monstrosity on my own."

He laughed and got up to help me.