Ryuusborough

Pain radiated through Alora's body. She was so tired. Leon forced her to stay awake as he carried her to the ship. The stars above her made her feel peaceful. She wanted to sleep. But Leon did not let her. "You can't go to sleep, not yet."

Leon carried Alora up the ship's stairs and brought her to her room. She groaned as he set her down, and it took every part of her to not turn over and curl up into a ball. "I'm taking painful noises as a good sign." "Fuck you." "Not while you're bleeding, that's unsanitary." Alora laughed but was quickly greeted by pain again.

"You did that on purpose." "Maybe a little. y'know, for the woods." Alora just 'hmmd' to say fair enough and she held her stomach. Leon lifted her shirt just above the wound and began to clean it. Alora did her best to keep the groans she felt in her throat silent. "If you're gonna waste that at least let me have some."

Leon laughed as he poured more alcohol into the wound. It wasn't the best, but it was all he had. "Maybe later." After he was done pouring alcohol into it he started to wipe away blood. He applied pressure to slow down the bleeding but it was taking a while.

"If the wound was a little higher we could be twins." "Then I'm glad it's where it is." "Ouch." Alora didn't let the smile appear on her face. "Are you gonna tell me how you got it?" "Maybe when we're both not actively bleeding." Alora forgot he was attacked in the woods too. He was taking care of her first?

"Not afraid of needles are you?" "Is that a serious question?" Leon smiled. "nope." And without warning he started to push the needle into her skin. Alora once again refused to let out any admission of pain.

"You don't need to keep being all tough and scary y'know." "It's how we survive." "It's how you survive. I survive by being so criminally handsome and funny." "Clearly someone hasn't pissed in your beer enough to ruin your day." "Clearly someone does it often to you."

Alora scoffed and immediately regretted it. "Stop trying to make me laugh." "Sorry. You're just almost as funny as i am, so it's hard not to make a joke in retaliation. Gotta keep my place at the top." "The top of what? Everyone's hitlist?" "If that hitlist's full title is 'for people who are too funny' then yes."

Alora wished she could pinch the bridge of her nose to help battle the headache she felt coming on from Leon's stupidity. "Do me a favor, stop stitching me up." "Torture is more fun." "Please, I can't take another minute in your presence." "Well you have to, you're my captain now."

Alora's face dropped. "No." "Why not?" "I have no desire to be captain ever again, thank you." "Did someone hurt your feelings or something with your old crew?" "I hurt theirs." Was all she decided to say. And Leon didn't press further.

He finished closing and bandaging the wound before allowing Alora to sit up. "your turn." Leon looked at her in confusion. Alora pointed towards the mirror behind him and he remembered the cuts he earned an hour earlier.

"I've been bleeding for quite some time I think I'm alright." "Or you're afraid of needles." Leon gave a sarcastic laugh and rolled his eyes. "I'm not afraid of anything." "Except ghosts." "Maybe. They did try to kill us, me twice. Do you believe in ghosts now?" "Absolutely not." But Alora didn't believe those words anymore. She didn't know what she believed.

"If you say 'ghosts aren't real' one more time I'm dragging you back into the darkness." "Ghosts-" "no just- help me with the back of my shoulder." "Alora smirked when Leon turned around, knowing she was starting to get under his skin as he did to her.

Leon loosened his shirt and removed his left arm from the sleeve. Alora took a clean cloth and began to wipe away the blood. "Lucky for you, you won't require a needle piercing your skin." "Oh how wonderful." Alora started to stick bandages everywhere he had cuts. Leon slipped the sleeve back on and removed the right one.