A first kiss

Link was sitting on a rock near Veiled Falls. He sighed. He had become the champion of Hyrule, but at what cost? Dorephan had been lost, and so had the Chief of the Rito and the Gorons. Urbosa was okay. Roam had also died.

The new chiefs were Daruk and Revali. The new queens were Mipha and Zelda.

Link heard noise coming from a bush. Mipha.

"Hi Link!" Mipha called.

"Hi," Link coughed. It hurt him so much to talk. His throat was hurt very bad from a lightning arow to the face, and the volt had traveled down his neck. Mipha tried to heal but could only make it slightly better. Food helped a lot. It was soothing.

"You know, you shouldn't go places without telling people, it's dangerous," she said. Link looked at her with an expression that clearly read: "You're the queen."

"I know I'm the queen but I can still get out!" Mipha said sitting next to him.

"I would blame myself if you got hurt here," Link choked.

"Let me see your throat."

Link opened his mouth. And then stuck out his tongue at her.

"No," he replied. He hopped up and got some flint and a bundle of wood and struck it with his sword.

"That is no way to treat a queen," she said. 

Link placed some trout on the fire.

"You eat that stuff cooked? Blech."

Link ate it in one bite.

"Slow down! You'll choke!" Mipha exclaimed.

"So what?" Link coughed.

"You'll die!"

Link ran into a rock, and spat out the food.

"See? I can save myself."

"Are your rips okay?"

Link nodded. Mipha sat by the fire.

"Link, do remember our childhood?"

He nodded.

"I was so amazed by the fact that you were taller than me, despite being two years older."

Link sat next to her.

"And you promised you would help me whenever I needed it?"

He nodded.

"Okay."

She rested her head on his shoulder. Link jumped up.

"Queen Mipha, I know where this is going. I am a knight. You are royalty. I have no rupees and you have tons," he said. Link started violently coughing. "That means we can't be together."

Mipha stood up and looked up at him.

"Link. You are my best friend. I respect your wishes, but you meet the royalty  requirements. I must marry someone whom is from a respectably family. You are a very respectable person. I must be willing to live with this person forever. I am Link. I very much am. I must have a family to keep my bloodline going. Only if you're willing too."

A single tear rolled down Links cheek.

"I love you Link."

And with that, Mipha kissed him.