Part 27

"Hyuck, are you sure it's going to be okay?"

Chenle asked worriedly, watching Donghyuck sitting on a bench, slightly trembling, apprehensive about the arrival of the train. Doyoung is there, encircling his brother with his arms, holding him close, trying to keep him calm.

But Donghyuck trembled in his brother's arms. Jisung held Mark's hand, not reassured by Donghyuck's state, seeking comfort automatically from the older one. Mark squeezed his hand; he's still surprised when he looked at Jisung; he had grown up so much. He remember when the other was small and cute.

He used to be much taller than Jisung; now he must be only 1 or 2 centimeters taller. Mark is sure that Jisung would soon surpass him at the rate he was growing. Meanwhile, he enjoyed still being a bit taller than the younger one.

"Everything's fine, Hyuck," Doyoung whispered, "it's over; we're not there anymore. You're safe here."

"We should have taken the plane," Chenle said.

"No, it's fine; he needs to overcome his fears," Doyoung replied, "and we're all here to help him."

When the train arrived, just like the last time, Donghyuck felt awful, terribly awful. He felt anxiety taking over his body and let himself cry and scream, terrified of the noise. Doyoung spoke to him to reassure him; it seemed to help him avoid a crisis as severe as the last one.

Jisung glanced at Mark; he could see that the other was concerned for the youngest. He wondered if the two had a relationship; their actions had been so strange in the past few days that many began to question it.

Chenle and Jisung didn't understand why Mark came with them and why he asked Donghyuck to tag along with them. Everything was strange in this story, but they didn't ask questions for now. They waited to see how the two would act with each other to determine if it was friendship or something more.

Meanwhile, Mark took Donghyuck and Chenle's suitcases to bring them into the train.

"Doyoung, can you carry him to the train? I'll pick him inside" Mark said.

Mark went to put the is own suitcases and Donghyuck's  with Jisung, and Doyoung carried his brother to the train. Mark then picked up Donghyuck, who seemed to have calmed down a bit. He took him from his brother's arms.

"If there's any problem with him, let me know," Doyoung asked.

Mark nodded; he felt Donghyuck cling to him, uttering words and torments. He quickly headed to their seats; Chenle and Jisung insisted on renting an entire cabin with beds in business class.

Their parents didn't really leave them a choice; they didn't say they were traveling with Mark. Since they were in Toronto, they had a good 13-hour train ride to New York.

A large part of their cohort is also on this train. The teachers insisted that everyone takes the train together. Mark comes over and lays Donghyuck on one of the available beds. The other seems to calm down gradually; Chenle comes and settles with Donghyuck, holding him in his arms.

Jisung and Mark have taken a seat on one of the beds a bit further away. They sit against the wall, and Mark gently strokes the younger one's hair, reassuring him. He has always been affectionate with Jisung and Chenle because both have always been kind to him.

"Everything okay?" Mark asks.

"Yeah, it's fine," Jisung replies. "Since I've been living with Jaehyun, it's been a bit better."

"He told me your dad wants you to come home a week every two weeks," Mark finally says.

Jisung bites his lip before leaning on Mark, who lets him settle into his arms. Tightening his grip around Jisung, Mark will never admit it, but he missed the younger one, and he was terribly worried about him two weeks ago.