-019 [INTERLUDE II.]

Start from the beginning

Opening the door, she was met with the sight of Percy standing there with a crooked grin. His tousled black hair had a few rebellious strands falling across his forehead, and his sea-green eyes sparkled with mischief. 

Stella couldn't help but notice how the morning light accentuated his features, emphasizing his handsomeness in a way that made her pause for a moment.

"Hey, sunshine," Percy greeted, "Mind if I come in?"

She managed a half-smile, "Sure, Percy. What are you doing here?"

He stepped inside, glancing around the apartment. "I have a proposition."

"A proposition?"

Percy chuckled, "Yeah. How about you spend Christmas with us? My mom insists. She said she can't bear the thought of anyone being alone during the holidays."

"I appreciate the offer, Percy, but I don't want to intrude," she said, her tone softer than intended.

His tall frame leaned against the doorway, his casual demeanor never wavering. 

"Trust me, you wouldn't be intruding. Besides, we've got a solid Christmas Eve tradition of watching cheesy holiday movies and eating way too many cookies. Plus, Mom made it clear I'm not allowed to come home without you."

Apprehensive, she began, "Percy, I just can't—"

The grin fell from his face, and he took a step forward, a sincere look in his eyes. "Look Elle, I figured your mom hasn't been home for a while and probably won't be back soon. Please just come with me, I promise we will have a shit load of fun."

Stella bit her lip in contemplation.

"I'm not leaving until you say yes," he added, his grin returning.

She cracked a smile at his persistence, and in a split second, she decided to throw all her reservations to the wind.

"Well, if you insist, I guess I can't say no."

Percy's grin widened, "That's the spirit! Now, pack an overnight bag. I have a feeling my mom won't let you leave that easily."

Stella laughed, "Alright, alright."

Turning on her heel, she started walking towards her bedroom, glancing over her shoulder. "You coming?"

He closed the door behind him and followed her into the room, taking a glance around. It was different from his first visit—warmer, somehow. He felt a sense of comfort that hadn't been there before.

She grabbed a duffel from her closet and set it on her bed, "So, how do you guys spend the holidays?"

Percy winked, "You'll just have to wait and see."

"I knew I should've asked for more details before accepting," she quipped.

Stella stepped into her closet to grab a few outfits for her stay. She tossed as many clothes as she could, along with other necessities, into her duffel bag.

Percy leaned against the doorframe, watching her with a smirk. "Should've thought about that earlier. Now, it's all a surprise."

Stella rolled her eyes but grinned. "Well, surprise me, then."

She zipped up the bag and slung it over her shoulder while Percy's gaze lingered on her. There was something about the way she moved, the casual grace in her actions that captivated him.

"Ready?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as Percy seemed lost in thought.

He snapped out of his reverie, nodding. "Yeah, let's go."