Take Your Time

"Ghostbusters, how can I help you?" you said. "Ok, I understand. I'll transfer you to Dr. Venkman, please hold." 

You put the phone down then walked into Peter's office. "There's someone on line 1 for you from the city, they want clarification about the forms you faxed or something." 

"Ahhh Y/n, Y/n. You're supposed to say I'm not here and will get back to them later." he said, picking up the phone with a sigh. "Venkman." 

You rolled your eyes and walked out of his office but almost immediately collided into what felt like a wall. 

You looked up to see Egon looking down at you surprised, a light blush spreading across your cheeks. 

"Oh- Egon I'm sorry I-." 

"No, that was my fault I was too focused on my notes." he said, gesturing to the notebook in his hands. 

"Well I'll leave you to it then," you said smiling softly. "Oh and I was about to run and get a latte, do you want anything?" 

"I'll go with you. I could use some fresh air." 

You had been working as a secretary part time for the Ghostbusters for about a month now. Not only did you enjoy the job, but you also liked your coworkers. Not just Egon, but everyone. And as for Egon, the two of you had grown closer, he was someone you would consider a friend. You still had your fair share of awkward moments (like the one a few seconds prior), but you had both grown more comfortable with each other's presence despite what awkward people you both were. 

The two of you walked along the sidewalk, rambling about who knows what, hot coffees warming your cold hands. It was winter now. You exhaled, your hot breath visible in front of you as you took a sip of your latte. 

"So.. the library is almost done with renovations." 

Egon flipped towards you quickly then adjusted his glasses, playing it off. 

"Is it?" 

"Yeah... so work will go back to usual I guess." 

"Will you.. Be quitting then? Since you'll be able to work full time at the library again?" 

"Well I thought a lot about it and..." You stared at the ground as you walked, you didn't notice that Egon was hanging on your every word. 

"I like working here. Maybe I'll keep working at the library part time or, maybe I could even work at Ghostbusters full time?" 

Egon pulled his coat up to his mouth, hiding his smile. 

"I'm sure we can find something for you to do." You laughed. 

"Well thanks for going with me, it was fun!" Egon nodded and returned to his office. 

You sat back at the desk, resting your chin on your hand. Whenever you thought you were making progress with Egon (you know, romantically), it seemed like he put up another wall. You were happy, spending time like this, but you still weren't satisfied. Which made you feel selfish. Like you had an ulterior motive. 

The phone rang and you snapped out of your thoughts to pick it up. 

"Ok, ok, and what's the address? Ok they'll be there as soon as they can. Bye." 

You put down the phone and pressed the alarm. Soon, Winston, Egon, and Ray came sliding down the fire pole which was a hilarious sight you never got sick of. They ran and got changed. You handed Egon a piece of paper as the others got loaded into the hearse.