CHAPTER-1 Rouse Kingdom

Start from the beginning

"Carol, it's not safe to run in a gown. We wouldn't want to upset mother by ruining your beautiful dress."

"Who cares! She always gets angry at me. It feels like it's her job to do so. But what do you think of my ball dress? I tailored it specially so I can eat whatever I want and nobody will be able to see my tummy." Carol says with a bright smile.

"What did you say, Carol?!" a dark aura forming behind Carol.

"Mom? When did you come in? Chloe, why didn't you warn me??" Scared, Carol shakes Chloe.

"Carol, how many times do I have to tell you? Behave like a count's eldest daughter. Your father brags about you two in front of everyone, but if you behave like a child, how will he face them? You are already 16. Today is your debut ball in the castle. All the nobles will be there and..."
Carol cuts in between the lines and continues.

"And the crown prince and his fiancée will be there. We have to keep up appearances. Mom, you have told me so many times that I remember every word. And do you think the crown prince cares about anyone? He only cares about power and women. He is filled with lust. That's why I hate him so much that I don't even want to go."

" No! That won't do! Because of your childish behavior, we still haven't found a fiancé for you. Other nobles will start a rumor about you, my precious daughter," Countess Beth starts tearing up.

"Ugh... why are you crying? I got it, I got it. I will look so good today that even the emperor will fall for me."

"But the emperor is on his deathbed, how are you going to do that?" Chloe asks.

"Dumb, I was just joking. Who wants an old geezer?" Carol laughs, and her mother sighs deeply. "What can I do with you? Let's go! Your father is waiting for us."

"Yes, I waited and came to escort all three of my princesses. After all, it is my duty as the only man of the house," Count Beth offers his hand to them.

But the problem was that how can three people hold one hand, so Carol comes forward and offers her hand to her mother and bows.

"May I have the honor to escort this beautiful and gorgeous lady to the ball?" Carol says with a sweet voice.

"It is my honor to be escorted by you, my sweet daughter." Carol's mom smiles at her with all the love in her eyes.

"Not good, Carol. Don't take your dad's date," Count Beth sulks at the sight.

"Dad, I am here for you." Chloe offers her hand.

"My sweet little buttercups," Count Beth gets emotional.

"Let's go fast, Chloe, otherwise Dad is going to make a river of tears here."

At the palace.

"Did you find someone good?" Carol asks while peeking.

"No... all of them look flirty!" Chloe answers.

"Of course, they all come to us with those lecherous eyes. How am I supposed to choose one? And Mom gave me a deadline today. That's it! I am not gonna waste my time on this. I am gonna go eat."

"Carol, wait! The royal family hasn't even arrived yet!" Chloe tries to stop Carol.

"So what? It's not like if I'm not there at the entrance, the royal family won't enter. I'll be back before Mom finds us," Carol runs away while saying.

Carol wanders around the hall, but so many young noble boys try to ask her for a dance. While trying to get away from them, Carol finds herself in a corridor with many rooms in the palace.

"What? Don't tell me I'm lost! All because of those guys, just leave me alone," Carol is frustrated but suddenly hears a strange faint voice.

"What's this voice...?" Carol follows the voice and reaches a dark room whose door is half-open.

"Help... your highness..." As she entered the room, Carol's heart sank at the sight before her. A young girl lay on the floor, partially unclothed, her delicate wrists marked with painful bruises. Disheveled strands of hair framed her face, and she mumbled unintelligibly. Understanding the urgency of the situation, Carol swiftly moved to shield her vulnerability, gently draping clothes over her trembling form.

"Are you okay? Who did this to you?" Carol says with worry.

"Inevitably, she won't be unaffected by our encounter," a chilling voice reverberates from a man elegantly positioned on the sofa in the softly illuminated room. His unwavering gaze remains fixed upon her, exuding an unsettling sense of detachment.

As Carol lays eyes on the man, a seething fury ignites within her. Despite the intense emotions coursing through her, she clenches her jaw tightly, determined to keep her composure.

"It's been a while, Carol Idris Beth."

DO GIVE A STAR IF YOU LIKE.
THANKS FOR READING.