Chapter 3: Newbury Street

A couple of days had passed since their great family meet up, the house was quiet with Paddy, she had work back in New Jersey. Father Grimes was back at work in Manhattan, leaving Betty with Thorny, Ginetta, Frobot and her mother in the house.

Betty's mother would come and go, rather spending time with the neighborhood mothers than her children, then Betty.

When she did say goodbye, it was more like an expectation of good behavior over acts of appreciation and affection, the latter was more for Thorny.

School was only a week away, the family planned in coordination with others in the neighborhood to go shopping for school supplies at the prestigious Roverthord mall in Boston.

Finally, something Betty could be excited for. Her friends from Zaha's academy for young Wizards and witches were all going to be there, Pearl, Gabrielle, Paisley and Cassandra. Betty thought about the fun shops they could go to. They were all going to Thermadore except for Cassandra, She'll be attending Ilvermony, lucky her.

Monday morning had already arrived, Betty was the first up, the sun barely scraping the horizon in the east. Betty enjoyed a bowl of cereal, while reading tutorials on drawing the anatomy of animals. Ginetta joined her on the table with a cup of coffee.

"Is it helping?" Ginetta noticed the book.

Betty peeked from the top of the book. "uh, yeah, I guess, I mean it's a bit hard to understand but I think it's making sense."

"Really?" Ginetta said, she looked at the title. "Intermediate level, Betty. You that far in, I'm impressed."

Eventually the rest of the family got up, surprising much later than both Betty and Ginetta anticipated. Betty continued on with her book as she waited for her sister and parents. The afternoon was quickly approaching.

Betty was keeping time on her watch, hoping they wouldn't be late, she didn't want to miss out on her friends, it was the only reason she got up so early.

***

"You're off tomorrow as well, dad?" Betty said to her father.

He looked down at her. "I wish to spend time with you girls, see you trying out all the new outfits, sounds like fun! Unfortunately I'll be at the office"

"I could try them on Sunday!" Betty said.

Father Grimes smiled. "sounds like a date!"

As they approached the corner garage of the property, the garage doors opened up, revealing the black vehicle they used earlier from their Wyoming trip. The vehicle had a thin layer of dust all over its dark surface, making it lighter than it was.

"Aerisenta!" Father Grimes yelled while flicking his wand, a giant gust of wind flew from behind the two, creating a turbulence in the garage. It got rid of the dust of the car but caused more damage than it should. Garden equipment, mulch and winter shovels flew to the ground.

"Whoops!" He said, looking at the aftermath.

"At least you got the dust off," Betty remarked.

The two entered the car, father grimes on the driver seat while Betty sat in the back, pitched over the front to gaze at the dashboard.

"Betty, we won't be using the bed today, okay?" Father Grimes said.

"Why not?"

"Something mom wanted," he said.

"Oh,"

The car roared to life and began rolling to the courtyard. Betty sat at the back on the passenger side, she looked away through the window, looking at the trees surrounding the property.