03

"WHY IS IT STILL 1995? WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO GO BACK?" Eungyeol jerked away in surprise at after his little yelling session when a female voice spoke beside him, "I already tried that and Obviously it's not working"

HanByeol stood there with her hands stuffed in her pocket, leaning against the wall of the book store from where Ha Eungyeol had just exited, in hopes of returning to the future where he eventually belongs to.

"SEO HANBYEOL?" The girl clicked her tongue in annoyance at his loud exclaimation, Inching closely towards her, Eungyeol tried touching her face to make sure he wasn't dreaming. The boy screamed in agony as HanByeol twisted his pointed out hand behind his back.

"Don't touch me" Pushing him away, a scowl marked her face. "Ow! That hurts, idiot" Eungyeol cowered and closed his mouth when he was met with a glare from her. "You were annoying in 2023 and you're here in 1995 to creep me out" Rubbing the sore part of his arm, Eungyeol felt someone burning holes in the back of his head and he knew who it was.

"Yoon Dongjin-shi! I'm not obsessed with you to TRAVEL BACK IN TIME FOR YOU" Sarcasm flew through her mouth as her voice raised itself at the end of the sentence. "You don't have to yell at me though" HanByeol sighed at the tone in his voice, soft and tired.

"I'm sorry! It's just-" HanByeol got cut off by Eungyeol, "I know. I feel the same too" The boy propped himself besides her, "Does it hurt?" she was referring to his face that was badly beaten up the people he had lied to.

"It doesn't hurt" yet he winced when she touched his face, cupping it in her own hands. "Want me to beat them up for you?" Eungyeol wanted to answer her question but he felt his throat dry up. Unable to form any words due to their proximity, he just shook his head.

"He's my dad!" Eungyeol missed the warmth of her hands as soon as she dropped it from his face, "Huh?" Lacing her wrist with his, HanByeol walked towards the opposite direction. "Ha Yi Chan" A slight blush crept up the cheeks of Eungyeol as he kept staring at their intertwined hands.

"Wait" the rumbling of his stomach made Eungyeol halt in his steps, "What?" turning behind, HanByeol witnessed him salivating over the snacks lined up on the side of the street. "Our money doesn't work here" Eungyeol looked like a puppy kicked to the side at her words.

"We don't have a place to sleep" Roaming towards the quieter part of the city, the pair came across a street filled with homeless people, surviving on the street.

"This is our bed for tonight" Sliding down the wall, HanByeol buried her face between her legs that were propped up near her chest. "What are you standing there for? Lay down there" she pointed at some distance from her.

"I-I" Eungyeol stammered in his speech, trying to put forth his articulation. "I can't let you sleep on your own, you know. It's not safe" HanByeol simply nodded, sticking herself to the wall so that Eungyeol could lay besides her.

"Take this or you'll will be cold" a man dropped a bunch of newspaper for the duo to cover themselves up and protect themselves from the chilly night. "Thought you'll protest" "I don't have the energy to"

Eungyeol felt his breath hitch when HanByeol turned towards him, snuggling closer to his chest. "We can keep ourselves warm this way" Enclosing her in a hug, Eungyeol cuddled closer to her. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she breathed in a sigh of relief.

"Thank you for being with me"