Chapter 7 : Fire bird

"Once upon a time, back when humans had just started to evolve and increase in numbers, when they started to improve and build their civilization and form villages, a man appeared among them. It was at the time the biggest village and what would, much later, become the kingdom of the Sun. The man appeared at the entrance of the village, in the middle of the night, when only the stars and a few lamps outside of every door could offer some light to humanity. The humans that were awake and outside at that hour were few, but they quickly disappeared into their homes when they saw the suspicious man enter the village and trying to approach them. It was only reasonable since his appearance, although close to that of a human, was nowhere near human. His pearly white hair that reached his waist and a pear of blue eyes that shined like two fireflies in the dark, could only strike fear in the hearts of those humans. He was too dazzling for their mundane eyes. Left alone on the streets and in the thick darkness, he started walking, following the direction of the street. He ended up in a round space, that was paved with stone in the middle and had a big tree next to it. It was so tall that it looked as if it was touching the sky, hiding the stars away. He approached farther and saw a large deep hole covered with wood. It seemed like their source of water, but it was too dark to make out anything else. As he approached he noticed something moving by the large tree, it was a domesticated animal that the humans called dog. It had the color of the night and it's eyes shone in the dark. What a large and beautiful beast. He approached the animal slowly, lowered his body by sitting on one knee and extended his hand gently. The animal lifted it's head and looked the man straight in the eyes, as if he had met an equal. The man spoke.

"Hello there friend. I am Clearis and I am very pleased to meet you. Would you be able to answer a few of my questions?"

"Hello there. The humans call me Luna, nice to meet you too. I will do what I can to help you. Please ask."

"I came here to visit the humans because they seem very interesting, but they seem to not like me at all. What could I possibly do to gain their favor and make them befriend me?"

"Hmm. Humans are simple creatures like me. Just give them something they like and they will come to you immediately. A gift."

"A gift? What could I give them that would make them happy? I know nothing about them, although I have been watching them all this time. Do you know what they would want?"

"Hmm. Humans love the day, but they fear the night because of it's darkness. What if you gave them a light that would last throughout every night, brighter that every candle out there? I think they would really like that, since they have to stop whatever they are doing during the night. "

"A light you say? I see. You my friend are very wise and well mannered. I do not see why you do not have a house of your own among the humans. How odd. I shall give humanity a light upon your request. It shall be the brightest and most magnificent in the night sky and I shall give it your name my good friend. It shall be Luna, the Moon."

At that very moment Clearis lifted his eyes and looked up to the night sky. He pointed upwards with his finger and a small sphere of light came out of his hand. He pushed it gently towards the sky and it started moving in an amazing speed disappearing from their sight. The man looked at Luna and he looked back at him.

"My dear friend you shall now see the beauty in your eyes and soul, portrayed in the sky every single night because not only did I give it your name, I gave it the shape of your eyes and the color of your soul as well. You, the first one to speak to me and welcome me shall be honored for eternity."

As he finished his words he looked upwards again along with Luna. Tears fell from Luna's eyes at the sight of the Moon. What beauty and magnificence. Was that what his eyes and soul looked like? He was lost for a long time. It was night but they could see clearly ahead as if it was day. A white pearly light like the stranger's hair, fell on every corner of the earth. What greatness. The humans came out of their homes as if they had caught fire. It was an uproar. Everyone gathered at the center of the village and started staring at the Moon without blinking, as if they were under a spell.

Dryads of the StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara