Chapter 6 : Lost and Hopeless

"HELLO THERE HUMANS."

Eris and Tyor turned their heads slowly, both drenched in cold sweat, their eyes met someone that brought shivers down their spines. A god no doubt. He was tall, his white hair gently touching his shoulders and his eyes shining in a terrifying pink lavender tone, pierced through their souls reading them like open books. They instantly knew that they could never lie or hide anything in front of that man.

"IT SEEMS THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN PLAYING A DANGEROUS GAME WITHIN THE PALACE, FOR I NEVER BELIEVED THAT SUCH VISITORS WOULD MAKE IT IN THE SKY REALM, SO MUCH SO IN MY OWN MANSION. WELL IT HARMS ME NOT, SO I SHALL WELCOME MY UNINVITED GUESTS AS THE  PROPER MASTER OF THIS HOUSE. I AM LANTIS YOR SASKRYVELL AND I HAVE BEEN EXPECTING YOUR PRESENCE HUMANS. ALTHOUGH I WAS NOT EXPECTING TO SEE A CHILD BETWEEN A GOD AND A HUMAN ANYTIME SOON. HOW INTERESTING. NOW INTRODUCE YOURSELVES TO ME."

The two men were completely taken over by fear. The only thing they could do was answer and wait. They knew what was happening since Lumius had warned them about that specific god, but they were not expecting to be sent in his house at all. He had told them about the god Saskryvell, a mysterious man that never revealed anything and was always apart from the other gods, always on his own. His power was only known to the king and Lumius, the all seeing eye with the mark "The dying black Star". Nothing could escape his sight, he knew all that was laid in front of him and so there was no way they would be an exception. He could even sense higher beings that could avoid his gaze and managed to hide from him. What a troublesome power to possess...

"WILL YOU NOT ANSWER ME? YOU NEED NOT FEAR ME AS I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY, BUT DO NOT THINK OF ME AS AN ALLY AS WELL. I SWEAR ON MY MARK THAT I WILL NOT HARM YOU. NOW STOP BEING INSOLENT AND SPEAK."

"I am Eris Kirithius and this is Tyor Mereth. We apologize for entering without permission into your house, but we are here for an important reason so we cannot leave."

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, KING OF THE HUMANS? THE FACT THAT YOU ARE UNINVITED BY ME DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU DO NOT POSSESS PERMISSION TO ENTER MY HOME. I BELIEVE THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO ENTER THE SECRET ROOMS OF THE UPPER FLOOR, CORRECT? AND YOU WOULD NOT BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW, IF YOU DID NOT HAVE IT. THEN THAT MEANS YOU HAD PERMISSION. I KNEW OF YOUR ARRIVAL AND I ALSO KNOW OF YOUR PURPOSE HERE. I RECEIVED A WARNING BEFORE YOU GOT HERE, BUT SINCE I WAS GIVEN THE CHOICE, I SHALL NOT ASSIST YOU..."

Something seemed to catch his attention as he spoke. Something that was there uninvited, lurking in the shadows. His eyebrow started twitching as he felt someone snickering behind his back. Could it be... 

He continued after examining the men in the room some more.

 "...I SHALL GIVE YOU A SMALL WARNING THOW, SINCE I AM IN HIGH SPIRITS. IN FOUR DAYS TIME, THE GOD ZENITH WILL ARRIVE FOR HIS USUAL VISIT TO THE GOD MIRIAM. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HIDE FROM HIM, SO YOU MUST HAVE YOUR GOAL ACHIEVED BY THEN, OR ELSE DEATH SHALL BEFALL YOU. YOU MAY ROAM FREE INSIDE MY RESIDENCE FROM NOW ON AND I SHALL HAVE MY SERVANT KALITHEA ATTEND TO YOU, BUT THAT IS ALL I WILL DO FOR YOU AND THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU. I SHALL TAKE MY LEAVE, IF YOU NEED SOMETHING TALK TO KALITHEA. OH, I ALMOST FORGOT. MERETH TYOR, IF YOU MAKE IT BACK ALIVE TELL VITHOS THAT I FOUND "IT", HE WILL BE DELIGHTED."

After Saskryvell disappeared the two men started breathing heavily as if they had been holding their breaths all this time. The air around them became lighter and they quickly came back to their senses, realizing and processing the information they had just received. Their time had just shortened in less than half. They now had to do things faster in order to complete their mission successfully and without problems. It also seemed like the greatest count of the kingdom and Tyor's father, sir Vithos T. Nexis, was a god. Something that left them both completely dumbfounded. That information was left for later processing, since it was too much to handle right now.