Chapter 4 : The Calm before the Storm

The three men headed to the room waiting for them upstairs, at the end of the hallway. It had been a long day for all of them, so they fell asleep almost immediately. Lumius on the other hand stayed up and continued his conversation with the mysterious god.

" I see you still want to keep your position as the king of the gods, Aranor. You really haven't changed at all. Although i know you have your reasons, be careful not to harm those children. I have taken a liking to them.

" YOU AND YOUR WEAKNESS TOWARDS HUMANS WILL NEVER CEASE TO ANNOY ME. BUT I CAN'T REALLY DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, SINCE YOU ARE MY WEAKNESS. I AM BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF."

"Stop sulking you big baby. And stop being so mean. I know you never liked them, but i also know you don't hate them like you pretend to. And thank you for helping. I know you care about me, more than anyone out there, i can never be thankful enough towards you. I own you too much, since back then. When they asked for our heads, you exiled us instead. You practically did us a favor. You lost a lot because of that."

"THAT WAS IN THE PAST. HOW COULD I NOT PROTECT MY LITTLE BROTHER? YOU NEED NOT BRING IT UP AFTER SO MANY YEARS. IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A CENTURY FOR YOU AND MORE THAN A MILLENIUM FOR ME UP HERE. WE HAVE DIFFERENT LIVES AND DIFFERENT GOALS NOW, BUT OUR HEARTS REMAIN THE SAME. WE PROTECT WHAT WE LOVE AND STAY TRUE TO OUR PURPOSE. THAT IS ALL."

"I am not your little brother. Just because we are from the first generation you keep thinking nonsense. Stop saying embarrassing staff. "

" YOU KNOW YOU ARE, PLEASE STOP DENYING IT . ANYWAYS I AM GLAD I GOT TO SPEAK WITH YOU LUMIUS. I MISSED YOU TOO MUCH. AND DO NOT WORRY, I WILL NOT HARM THE CHILDREN. I WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE YOU SAD. "

"Yes, i know."

 Lumius and Aranor kept their conversation until late at night. It was late Fall and the weather was getting colder. Lumius grabbed a light coat and a warm cup of tea and went to the balcony. It was a beautiful night, with a clear sky. Every single star was visible, from where he was standing. The trembling lights from the village lanterns, lit up the small streets and the beautifully paved sidewalks. Everything was so peaceful. He just wanted to stay still in that very moment. If only he was here, by his side. If only he could have saved him back then. The loneliness he felt every time he looked outside, without having him by his side, was unbearable. 

Lumius lost his lover from a mysterious disease, twenty-six years ago. He was unable to cure him with his powers. It was like he was cursed. They were together for about ninety-four years, after his descending. Lumius was exorcised with his healing powers intact, so he was able to extend his lover's life, further than a human's natural lifespan. Lumius was the second in command of the king of the gods, so naturally he was one of the strongest. And so he was more carefree and laid back, than the other gods. He was fond of humans, so he often peeked at their world and their business. He wanted to visit earth so much, that he actually sneaked out frequently for small periods of time and explored earth as much as he could. Sometimes he visited for an entire day, which meant that he was gone for almost two weeks from the Sky Realm. One of those days, was the day he met him. Lumius was disguised as a simple villager and was roaming around full of curiosity. When he was around human population he always had his powers sealed in order to not harm them by accident. So at some point, being unable to navigate with the help of his essence, he got lost in some alley and couldn't find his way back to where he had started. Then he appeared.

" Hello there. You seem lost, are you alright? Let me help you."

 A young man in his twenties. He had a soft and a gentle voice. He was tall, with beautiful features and light blond, almost white, hair. Lumius was flustered. Although he always approached humans and was near them, he was never actually close to them. He was always afraid of getting closer, so his presence was partially concealed most of the time. But that human had noticed him. It was the first time a human spoke to him. The stranger got a little closer and looked him gently in the eyes.