Death Is Only the Beginning

DISCLAIMER: This was written before the series release when not all information about the characters/universe was public knowledge, and therefore not everything will be canonical. Pretend it's an alternate universe or something please and thank you 💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE READ: THIS IS A *REIMAGINED* HASHING OF A STORY I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN. "All is Fair in Love and War" was my first Alastor X Reader story I ever wrote and published, and as much as I love it I kept thinking of how much my writing has improved since then and couldn't help but give it a rewrite.
The original is still available under the same name (if you read it already and this looks familiar, that's why. I couldn't just get rid of the former one completely, plus I thought keeping both up would be a fun comparison down the line.)
So enjoy a new rendition of an older tale, here we go~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well... This is uncomfortable.

That was what you thought to yourself as you found yourself now suspended above a concrete floor. Upside down and bound by knotted rope; which you could already feel leaving burns into your skin. But, that was the least of your worries.

Your head ached something fierce. You blinked away any residual blurriness from having your eyes shut for so long, until your fuzzy, spinning vision finally formed a clear image.

The room smelled faintly of cleaning products though there were virtually none to detect. The air was somewhat cool against your skin; enough to give you a subtle rush of goosebumps. Groggily looking at your surroundings it seemed as though you were in a basement, if you had to guess.

A surprisingly well kept one at that. clean floors and bare walls, visibly empty. Minus the man standing in front of you.

Estimating at a glance he had to be about 6 feet tall, maybe a little more. Adorned on his slim physique were black dress-pants and a grey button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up. His face was cleanly shaven, and he had vividly colored eyes and well kept hair. A genetically fortunate looking fellow overall -although, nothing extraordinary.

A bit of a change from the usual assholes you dealt with. But of course not all sickos looked exactly gruff or unkempt.

After all, you were proof of that yourself.

"This feels somehow familiar." You grumbled softly as you looked up at the man, blinking tiredly. Still barely coming to after being unconscious for who knows how long.

"I would imagine usually you're on the other end of this situation?" The man replied back. His voice was smooth and clear in tone, however unfamiliar to you. He looked sort of familiar to you, but in your hazy state you couldn't place where you might know him from.

You looked up at him, ignoring the headache that was radiating to your neck and you snickered.

"Hah, oh yeah."

Your chuckles soon turned into an almost inhuman sounding wheeze as he kneed you hard in the stomach. Knocking the wind out of you, reflexively causing bile and whatever remnants of your stomach to spill out of your mouth as a result of the blow. You gagged and spit onto the floor, ignoring the foul acidic burn as you tried to suck a breath in. You felt the rope pulling you higher; bringing you at eye level with him.