[ 026 ]

⚠️trigger warning: anxiety⚠️

'My biggest fear in life is losing the people I love.'
- Unknown

The Grand Prix in Great Britain had arrived faster than she had expected. Practice and qualifying had gone quickly. And today was the race.

And Luise, as she had accepted from Lando, had been his unofficial company. She hadn't been in the McLaren Hospitality. Or had been in the paddock together too many times to protect their privacy. Still, it was something special for the two of them. Something no one knew about. Just the two of them.

Not even their friends knew anything was going on between them, nor had they been in a relationship. They were dating, yes. But no one was supposed to know that at the moment.

But it was enough for the two of them. They loved their little secret.

Even if they hadn't been able to spend much time together this weekend. Lando had a lot to do because of his home race. Lots of press appointments and all the team meetings. They had only managed to go out to eat together once. And not just the two of them, but with Oscar and his girlfriend, Charles and his girlfriend and Max.

Afterwards, however, Lando had taken her to her hotel room, which happened to be opposite to each other. And the two of them had actually kissed again. It had only been brief and not as intense as the first, but it had triggered the same feelings in her. It was just as beautiful and energizing as the first.

Even when he had picked her up at her room door the next morning, they had kissed and then gone to the others to have breakfast together. But they hadn't mentioned this to his colleagues and pretended that they had met on the way to the others.

And today had already been Sunday. Lando and Luise had only seen each other briefly. Lando and her brothers had gone out for breakfast at a very early hour. Lando then headed straight to the track because he still had a few things to discuss with the team. Charles had left an hour later and had taken her with him.

She had quickly walked through the paddock, where she had met Lando for the first time that day. As he didn't have much time, she had only wished him lots of fun, luck and success. She would have liked to give him a hug, but hadn't done so for personal reasons. Then they had gone their separate ways again.

Luise then sat down with Charlotte and Isa in the hospitality area. They had lunch together and talked a lot. She had been on the side a lot, as Charlotte and Isa already knew each other very well, but the time had flown by.

Just before it was time to go, she had wished Lando a lot of fun again, as she knew that was the most important thing. He replied immediately and told her to have fun watching and that she should not only support her brother, but also him.

The three of them went downstairs just in time for the start of the race and were allowed to watch the race from the garage. They had all been given a headset so that they could hear everything. They had sat down on chairs in the back row and looked intently at the large screens, which not only showed pictures of the race, but also analytical and technical data, which they couldn't understand themselves.

The formation lap was over and everyone had taken their places. Lando was in sixth place and Charles in third. She was nervous as the lights came on one after the other and then went out. Her breathing stopped as they drove through the first corner. Tight to tight. Hardly any space between the cars. One small discrepancy and they would crash into each other.

The first ten laps passed. And only Gasly and Ocon had to park their cars. She didn't quite understand why, but was glad that the two hadn't had an accident beforehand. She also had reason to be happy, as Lando was currently in fifth place and Charles in second, bravely taking on the attacks of George Russell, who had moved up to third.