[ 014 ]

'Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you you're wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3 a.m.'
- Anonymous

'- Anonymous

It was Sunday

It was Sunday. To be more precise, Sunday at noon. The TV flickered quietly in the background as she once again jumped around on social media and saw more rumors of her. She tried to avoid them, as Lorenzo had told her, but they were everywhere. Luise couldn't miss them at all.

The only thing she had managed to do today was put on a pair of short jogging pants and then had a blue t-shirt over them. So out of the pajamas and then into other comfortable clothes. Then back to bed. No breakfast, no doing her hair, no going outside.

She hadn't gotten much done since Thursday. To cut a long story short, the only things that had been productive in the last few days were the visit to police department, the first visit to her old, new psychologist who had mentored her when she was younger and her family had now re-engaged, the Instagram post about her season ending early, and letting her team know she wasn't coming to training camp with them. She had also worked up the courage to call Héliose and Davide to tell them why she wasn't coming. They had been super shocked, had offered her all the help they could and had told her that they would understand that she was not coming.

After that, she had let herself fall again. There was nothing to do and she was much too tired and crushed. Thank God, the next appointment with her therapist was not until tomorrow.

It was hard to sort out her emotions and thoughts. It was hard to accept what had happened a second time. When she had kept it a secret, it had somehow been possible to control everything. Even if she did not know how. Now that her family and friends knew, and they had shared all the emotions and thoughts, it had all come crashing down on her. Everything she had been feeling, thinking, saying and doing for the past few weeks was now no longer buried inside her, but on the surface, clouding her vision. And it was impossible to see through it. Impossible to overcome all that.

She had also tried to eat already, had tried to go out, but her body was broken. Her body was too weak. Her mental strength was too weak. It was as if this experience had left a huge hole in her that no one could mend. Not even her brothers, who had managed to make her feel better the first time.