[ 003 ]

'I love meeting new people. I think everyone has a story to tell. We should all listen sometimes.'
- Kim Smith

The drive to the hotel didn't take too long, thank God. On the way there, she had observed the city in the morning rush and then quickly sent a message to her mom that she had landed safely in Bahrain. And then the cab stopped in front of a monstrous hotel, where she knew at first glance that it was one of the top-class hotels in Bahrain.

The cab driver got out first before he lifted her heavy suitcase out of the trunk, while she opened the door and then got out as well. He handed her the suitcase and said goodbye without asking for money. Probably her brother had already paid for the cab in advance.

"Bye and have a nice day," she said before he got back into the car and drove off.

She stayed behind alone and then made her way to the hotel. The entrance was huge and some men in black uniform were standing and keeping some kind of guard. This was probably one of the hotels where all the celebrities slept when they were in Bahrain. So they had to have special security measures. At least that's what she assumed.

In the lobby, everything looked even more luxurious than on the outside. Wherever you looked, blink blink, bright colors and tons of jewelry. She had slept in several hotels, but this was by far the most luxurious of them all.

She walked up to the counter, since she couldn't see her brother anywhere.

"Luise Leclerc, I have a room-" she was interrupted by none other than her brother Charles.

"Bonjour.", he smiled and gave her a kiss on each cheek, which she returned.

"Bonjour.", she now smiled as well.

"It's all taken care of," he said in the direction of the receptionist, who looked a little puzzled and then seemed to notice that he had already settled everything with Charles.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"I already have your room card, you can move into your room right now."

She knew what that meant. He had done any paperwork and had listened to everything for her that was important.

"Thank you."

Even though she hated being taken care of like this, she had to admit that this time she accepted the gesture gratefully. She was hungry and tired and didn't want to have to deal with that anymore.

"Now, is there anything to eat?"

"Right away. Let's just get your stuff in the room real quick and then we'll be on our way to dinner."

She raised a thumb. That sounded like a plan. A very good plan, in fact.

"Show me the way, then."

He turned around and took the suitcase from her. She walked toward the elevator, where they got on and went to the third floor. Once there, they entered a hallway that was drenched in artificial light and decorated like the lobby. They turned right and walked a few feet to room number 312, where he stopped and opened the door. A large room flooded with light met her eyes. A small hallway led her to a double bed with a television. A door went off into the bathroom with shower and bathtub. And everything was super luxuriously decorated. She didn't even want to know how much this room had cost.

Fifteen minutes later, where she had used the toilet once and had taken off her jacket, they stood again in the elevator, where they went back to the first floor. According to Charles, that's where they were supposed to meet the other drivers. Not all of them, she explained to him.