[ 025 ]

'You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.'
- Maya Angelou

"How do you like the boat party?" she flinched as Lando Norris approached her from behind and touched her lightly on the shoulder.

Surprised that he was seeking contact with her, even though they were at Max Verstappen's boat party, she turned to him. He sat down at the railing, a little distance away from her.

Like her, he let his legs hang over the boat. He put his arms up behind him and then looked at her. She herself had her arms folded on the metal frame and was gazing into the starry night in front of her. The sun had recently set and the party was only now in full swing.

"I like it." she said with a smile, looking him in the eye only briefly to avoid any further tingling in her body.

She actually liked it very much. Good atmosphere. Good drinks. Nice people. And at sea. On an expensive yacht. A yacht that she certainly couldn't afford herself. And this party reminded her of the party at Max's house. And she was now sure that Max could throw good parties.

"Really?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, I've actually never been to one. And somehow it feels strange to have been invited." Her smile widened and a smile appeared on Lando's face.

"But you seem very thoughtful today," he stated rather than waiting for an answer.

Seconds of silence. Yes, she had deliberately withdrawn a little. To think quietly about the things she had successfully put off when she had finished the season. And now she had to make a decision. Preferably as quickly as possible.

"Has something happened? Are you feeling worse again?" he asked worriedly and she tried to suppress a sigh, which she couldn't manage.

"No, everything's fine, Lando," she exhaled loudly, looking back at the starry sky, "It's just... I have a decision to make."

The loud music of the party pounded through the night. A murmur of voices lay around them, but only so softly that it didn't affect them at all. It was just soft background music. The flashing lights, which had also been installed on the yacht, were visible even to her, although she wasn't looking in that direction.

"What kind of decision?" in the corner of her eye she saw him reach for a drink and sip it, "Maybe I can help you."

He shrugged his shoulders calmly on the one hand, but his face was thoughtfully set in a frown on the other. She looked into his face, knowing full well that she could trust him. Perhaps a second person would be able to bring in new views.

"I have to decide by the end of the week whether I want to get back into figure skating professionally." As she said this, she looked into his face, trying to read everything he was thinking at that moment. Without success.

"Oh, I see," he said again and put his hands on the scaffolding as well, "How far have you got with your thinking?"

She sighed once more and turned away from his face. The starry sky brought her peace and serenity. Allowed her to consider whether she wanted to or not.

"Honestly, not too far yet," she said with dejection.

"Do you want to?"

"Start figure skating again?" She didn't wait long because she knew that was what he meant, "On the one hand... Yes. I mean, I love figure skating. It's what I've done all my life. I miss it already and I can't really imagine stopping now. I've trained for so long to be at this level. I would feel like I was practically..."