Chapter 86: Mathematics Competition

Start from the beginning

Without the person in bed, Chu Xia tossed and turned, feeling uncomfortable. Without the warmth of the bed, her feet were still not warm, and there was no one to help massage her legs and arms to relieve fatigue.

She shook her head. In the past, when Cen Zhengnian wasn't around, she used to sleep alone without any problems.

After building herself up mentally, Chu Xia tried hard to fall asleep. But still, she couldn't sleep. She sighed and sat up.

The living room outside was not as warm as the bedroom, and the sofa was narrow and not very long. How did Cen Zhengnian manage to sleep on it with his tall stature?

Chu Xia couldn't resist her soft heart and opened the bedroom door, walking over to the sofa.

The originally flat sofa now had an extra person and blanket, appearing puffed up with the shape of a person beneath the covers.

Chu Xia crouched down, using the moonlight to see Cen Zhengnian sleeping on the sofa. His eyes were closed, long eyelashes obediently resting on his eyelids, giving him a serene appearance.

Chu Xia reached out, her hand landing on Cen Zhengnian's refined and handsome face. Her fingers traced his eyebrows and eyes, and she couldn't help but sigh in her heart: Heaven had been too kind to this face.

Cen Zhengnian's eyebrows twitched, and Chu Xia immediately thought of retracting her hand. However, as she lifted it, a distinctly jointed hand grasped hers.

Following that, Cen Zhengnian's eyes opened, clear and awake, showing no sign of sleepiness. "Chu Xia, can I go back now?"

Chu Xia tried to shake her hand free, but Cen Zhengnian held on. She looked at him and said, "No, let go of me."

"Fine." Cen Zhengnian released her hand, pulled the blanket up a bit, and said, "I hope it won't get too cold tonight."

Chu Xia's attempt to turn away was halted, her steps fixed in place. She looked at Cen Zhengnian for a moment and said coldly, "You don't have to sleep on the sofa."

Before Cen Zhengnian could even start to smile, Chu Xia added, "Sleep with An'an. His bed can accommodate two people."

Then she turned around without mercy and left.

Chu Xia entered the bedroom, glanced at the door, thinking, sleeping in the bedroom was impossible!

Indeed, the sofa was uncomfortable, and even though there was a cushion underneath, it was still quite hard.

Cen Zhengnian, not wanting to risk catching a cold and affecting his work, sighed, picked up the blanket, and went to Cen Huai'an's room.

"Dad?"

Cen Huai'an sensed some movement, groggily opened his eyes, and saw his dad carefully making the bed. He called out.

Cen Zhengnian patted his head. "Did I wake you up?"

Cen Huai'an shifted to the side, creating space for Cen Zhengnian, turned over, closed his eyes, and continued to sleep.

As for why Dad was sleeping here, it must be because he made Mom angry. That's how it always happens on TV.

Cen Zhengnian was surprised by his son's reaction. He chuckled, shook his head, and lay down beside Cen Huai'an.

***

Three years later.

Cen Huai'an skipped a grade again in the middle of the fourth grade. Now, at the age of ten and a half, he was already a second-year junior high school student, the youngest in the entire class.