¡Hola iberia! Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Haha... anyways, we're here." I faked a cough.

True to my word, we entered a village. No checkpoints for unknown visitors, just a wooden fence surrounding the village.

It's just as I remembered, the buildings are pretty much all the same. And the old Church still stands proudly at the end of the road.

One thing I noticed is the lack of people. Don't get me wrong, at this time of day, there are people working the field, the cattle, and children playing on the road -those annoying creatures- It's just that, it's less lively than before.

Though that might be me seeing things from the perspective of an adult, now that I am one.I parked the car on the side of the road, and wore a cream-colored coat over my half tucked-in shirt. I didn't bother cleaning up my appearance, plus, it's a style of it's own. I carried a concealed revolver just in case, but other than that, I left everything inside the car.

"You're not bringing your sword?" Mostima asks as I was about to get out.

"Why? I'm not a fighter, a handgun is enough of a deterrence anyways. And it's not like danger is lurking around, I've known this village, it's safe."

We both got out and made our way towards the Church. Everyone spared a glance at us, it's unusual for anyone to visit this random village, let alone someone who's wearing expensive suit.Messy, sure, but they kinda are expensive. All of my suits are custom-tailored to my size. Who would wear store-bought suits?

We reached the Church and I knocked on the door.

"Why don't we just come in? It's not like this is private property." Mostima said perplexed by my actions.

"Oh right."

The door wasn't locked and we went inside the Church. It's the same as I remembered. Nothing really changed. Except for a broken ceiling which I figured was fixed, since you know, it's been years at this point.

We reached to the front of the altar and I looked around. The sun shone through the large stained glass.

"Alright, where is he?" I sat on the front row pew.

"So this is where you lived? I know many Sanktas leave Laterano to build Churches and such." Mostima sat next to me.

"Pretty much, there is an orphanage on the back of the Church where me and my friends lived. The Church has rooms which is used as a classroom."

"Oh? You must be the smartest of the smartest, then?" she grinned.

"Yeah, I built a computer from scratch by 9 years old." I replied sarcastically.

"He's actually very smart at math." A familiar voice came from our left. A voice that I know very well, even though it became deeper.