CHAPTER 2! feel her blood run cold as he looked at her, and lost his breath

Start from the beginning

"i think grover deserves to pass." cherry frowned, feeling slightly guilty.

grover was sweet.

chiron revealed that grover was 28 years old, and percy couldn't believe it.

« ───── « ʚɞ » ───── »

a girl named annabeth had been assigned by chiron to show percy to his cabin.

cherry went with them.

they'd checked out a couple cabins before-hand, including the ares' kids cabin.

a couple of the kids in there had glared at them when they entered, but a soft smile from cherry made them stop, just for a second.

everybody loved cherry.

percy noticed everything about the red-haired girl. she was the goddess of love, is that why he felt so strange around her?

annabeth prompted percy to walk into the cabin.

he did so, and tripped going through the door.

cherry tried not to make her laughter obvious, but she couldn't help herself.

"percy jackson, meet cabin eleven." annabeth announced.

"regular or undetermined?" somebody asked, from a corner of the room.

"undetermined." annabeth answered, shortly.

everybody groaned, but an older boy stopped them.

"now, now, campers. that's what we're here for. welcome, percy. you can have that spot on the floor, right over there." the older boy pointed. "are you staying here?"

cherry shook her head, and pressed her lips together, spreading the lipgloss.

"aphrodite cabin?" the boy took notice of the girls bright appearance.

"mhm." cherry answered, with a grin.

"this is luke," annabeth introduced. "he's your counselor for now."

cherry took in the cabins appearance.

the people in there were jsut a little friendlier.

"for now?" percy asked.

"you're undetermined," luke explained. "they don't know what cabin to put you in, so you're here. cabin eleven takes all newcomers, all visitors. naturally, we would. hermes, our patron, is the god of travelers."

"how long will i be here?"

"good question. until you're determined."

"how long will that take?"

the campers laughed again.

annabeth grabbed percy's wrist, and dragged him out.

cherry followed after the pair, waving goodbye to the campers.

"jackson, you have to do better than that." annabeth shook her head. "i can't believe i thought you were the one."

percy had no idea what the girl was talking about.

why was he supposed to be so special?

was he really the kid in the prophecy? everyone else seemed to think so.

but there had to be more than that.

percy was clearly upset.

he had just been through the most traumatic event of his life, and two girls were poking and prodding at him.