10 - the magicians

Start from the beginning

You frowned and furrowed your eyebrows thinking back. "They both had masks on. One was a black mask with a stitched-like frowny face and the other was a feminine white mask. Ring a bell?"

BEN smiled, "Yup. That's Masky and Hoodie."

You snorted at the names, "That's their names?"

"Well, not their actual names. They have real names but mostly go by their alias as they look like normal people under the mask. Unlike Jeff. Even if that fucker wore a mask, it'd do him no good."

You chuckled as the round ended. BEN getting a high score as you were far behind. "Am I allowed to ask their real names?"

"You can ask. I won't tell you." BEN smirked. Thinking how much shit he'd be in with Tim if the masked murderer knew he was telling you this. "And don't worry about them coming after you and killing you. They are under oath to not kill you."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "Well, BEN, if that is your real name. I am honored." BEN laughed loudly. "You are more than welcome to hang out here whenever unless I say otherwise."

Your new ghost roommate shouts in victory as you smile.

~ ~ ~

Despite telling BEN he could hang out at the dorm, he never stayed long. Which you were slightly grateful for. Enjoying the privacy, it gives you.

After BEN left, saying he had 'errands' to run, you didn't want to think what he meant by that, you sat down at your desk and caught up with some reading assignments. It wasn't long before a knock at your door tore you from reading "The Magicians" for your fantasy literature class.

"Hey Tim!" You didn't expect him to be back so soon, especially after last night. You moved aside and invited him in.

He nodded at you, "I was just checking on how you were doing." First BEN and now Tim.

You beam at the man. "I'm doing alright. Thank you again for helping me." Warmth filled your cheeks as you tried to fight it from happening.

Tim gave you a soft smile, "So, what are you up to?"

"Well, I am currently trying to get caught up on some work for class. You are welcome to stay and hang out, but I do need to get this done by tonight."

Tim nodded slightly before sitting down on the couch, putting on some show about paranormal activity. The noise from the TV eventually became white noise as you read at your desk. The only sound that you were worried about was hearing the paper turn after you finished each page.

You were so deep in your book that you didn't hear the creaking of the couch from Tim standing up. If you didn't notice that noise, then you didn't notice Tim's quiet footsteps make their way over to you.

"What are you reading?"

The hairs on your neck stood up as Tim spoke. His warm breath tickles you.

You turn your head only to abruptly sharply to see his face so close, reading the lines of the page you were on.

"Oh- uh, it's this book for my fantasy literature class." You scooted over slightly to let him get a better book at the page. Also, to calm your heart for a bit because he is close. "If you want, when we are done with this unit, I can lend you the book. If you are interested in reading it."

Tim hummed and you really couldn't tell if he was interested in the book or not.

As awkward as it was, you went back to reading with Tim looking over your shoulder. Though you assumed he was reading the book, you felt sharp eyes on you. Almost studying your movements.

Tired of his stare, you turned and locked eyes with him. See how he likes it.

Your staring contest didn't get far before there was another knock at the door.

"Who's that?" Tim looked at the door like it threatened to kill his family or something.

"Not sure." You placed a sticky note on your page before closing the book. Pushing the chair back, you stood and made your way to the door. First making sure to check through the peephole, you saw one ugly bitch. "Oh." You opened the door. "It's just Jeff."

Jeff's permanent smile grew as you frowned. "Hey there sweet cheeks. Man-whore." Jeff walked in, immediately flipping Tim off.

"Bleached freak." The latter leaned on your desk.

"Anyway." You cut the two off, closing the door after making sure no one saw Jeff walk in here. Guests were technically allowed in the dorms, but Jeff wasn't wearing his face coverings. "Jeff? What are you doing here?" After the events of last night, you weren't expecting to see him so soon. There was still lingering fear of watching the killer in action.

He stayed quiet for a moment before Tim sent him a look, unbeknownst to you. Jeff scoffed before speaking, "I was sent to apologize for scaring you last night."

This was . . . weird. It feels like when you were younger, and a boy pulled your hair. He got in trouble with his mother and was forced to apologize despite not being sorry.

Why was he apologizing?

"I appreciate the apology but there's no need for it." Your eyebrows knitted together. "You were doing your job, and I was in the way." You shrugged before continuing, "I should've known it wasn't going to be. . . pretty. I should've given you a time when I was going on break or a time when he worked alone."

Tim stared in your direction. Sure, he agreed with you, but there was no reason Jeff had to go as crazy as he did.

"But, again, I do appreciate the apology and was happy to help you on your mission." You gave a smile as Jeff stared with an eyebrow raised.

"You're fucking weird." He turns around and plops down on the couch, man spreads, and grabs the remote. "I am also not sorry because I have a reputation to keep up and wasn't going to go easy on the man just because there was a witness there. Who I might add, was aware of what was going to happen."

"Jeff." Tim crossed his arms.

"What?" The killer on the couch yelled, "It's true! I'm sorry but if it came to it, I'd do it again."

With that kind of apology, you didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

oh gosh I am sorry this took so long ;;

I lost motivation slightly but I am back :>

drink some water and eat a snack (this is a threat)