Progress Ch. 8

They'd been peacefully following the instructor when a group of men went and circled Hisoka. They were surprised to see Kiyotaka in his grip. "Ha! Using the boy as a meat shield won't prevent us from killing you!" The apparent leader of the group called out. Hisoka only looked them dead in the eyes and smirked. "You think this boy is acting as my meat shield?" He asked setting Kiyotaka on his feet and, still holding him in place, leaned down to his ear, "I'd like to see those claws of yours in action. Aim for the neck and take out the four to the right and I'll take care of the other five." "I don't recall agreeing to this yet." Kiyotaka said, not appreciating his assumed participation. "Oh but you have! Look here~ (Hisoka said, quite gently, bringing up Kiyo's hand so he could see) your claws are already out! So come on, your body obviously wants to help, why not let it?" Kiyo made the effort to not respond right way and think over his decision to prove to Hisoka that it was, in fact his choice. "Hm. Whatever. I'll help."

Hisoka took out five playing cards and threw them with deadly accuracy, killing all of them almost instantly. He'd left the boss for Kiyotaka, not that he minded. Kiyo still hadn't moved though. He looked back at Hisoka who made a pushing gesture with his hands. Kiyo turned back around to the remaining group members. Without a word he ran at them, not making a sound. In the process he'd hidden himself in the brush and the fog. He came out, slit the neck of one of the men and went right back into hiding. Even to Hisoka who was watching, all he could see was Kiyo's eyes. They seemed to glow brighter with each person he killed. Once he'd finished his mini masacre, Kiyo came out of hiding and walked back to Hisoka. His eyes were still glowing, his pupils were slits, and his nails were terrifyingly clean. The sight sent a small shiver down Hisoka's spine. This boy might be able to kill him of he really tried! "That was magnificent Kiyo~!" He didn't get a response. Instead Kiyo just walked over next to him, seemingly waiting for something. That's when Hisoka realized what he was waiting for. He was waiting for him. Extremely happy with the progress that had taken place in short amount of time, he picked Kiyo back up again and continued towards the safe zone that marked the end of the first phase.

(We'll say Hisoka doesn't run in to the other four during this phase)

When they got there, Hisoka set Kiyotaka down in front of a tree before taking a seat under it. When Kiyotaka watched him sit down, the man's gaze remained on him. Something was obviously expected of him, but he didn't know what, he rose a brow slightly, asking as directly as he was going to get. Hisoka just shifted his eyes from Kiyo's to the space beside him. When Kiyo moved to stand in that spot, he felt the man tap him behind his knees, making them buckle slightly before he caught himself. Not wanting to have this discussed later, Kiyo decided to just listen and sit down. It was also to his benefit. He had no idea what the next phase would be and, for the more average person, just the first phase had been an impossible task. He was brought out of his thoughts when he sensed a hand coming down in his head, which he quickly leaned to the side to avoid. "Relax kitten, it's just me~" "Don't flatter yourself. I'm only with you because I need something from you. Not because I trust you." "Ah! So cold~" Despite the cold conversation, Hisoka's hand made it's way, much slower this time, to Kiyo's head pulling it closer to his chest and beginning to lightly scratch behind the boys impossibly hidden new features. I'm less then a minute Kiyo's head was leaning fully on Hisoka's chest, a light purr coming from his throat. Hisoka finally let out a small chuckle, he'd been holding in, caused by the irony of the situation. Kiyotaka didn't move, he didn't even open his eyes, he only said "damn you" quiet enough for just the two to hear. Surprisingly they moment between the two was calm, trusting each other for the first time in this oh so vulnerable situation. 'What wonderful progress' was the only thought Hisoka had before immersing himself in massaging Kiyo's head. He had no idea how the boys hair was so soft after just one shower. With crappy hotel soap at that. Either way, he had time to enjoy this moment before phase 2 would commence.

As if on que the heavy concrete wall split open, revealing a girl a little bit taller then Kiyotaka. She had a lot of skin showing and her hair pulled back into 4 spiked ponytails. Behind her was a man more then 10 times her size. "Hey everybody!! Congratulations on making it to phase two of the Hunter exam! I, Menchi, and Buhara over here will proctor the next phase! You'll have to prepare a dish that gets passed by both me and Buhara. It must feature the main ingredient, the native wild boar found on the other side of this wall. Let phase two begin!!" She said cheerfully as she moved out of the way to let the participants through. Most of them moved sluggishly and threw jabs at the two hunters on their way past. Kiyotaka could already feel the anger building within their proctor causing him to sigh at the trouble it would most likely cause. Under his breath he let out a "let's just get this over with quickly" Hisoka nodded at what little motivation he got from the boy, which was more then he got from the first phase.

A Genius Thrown to the Wolvesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें