🌊| His stupid motorbike. (48)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Pope shrugs.

"What's going on? Are we doing this?" Topper yells from down below, crossed arms.

"Okay, you all wait here. Pope and I will look for it and send a signal once we find it." Cleo plots, rubbing her hands together.

"Wait, we have a plan right now?" Sarah gasps.

"Possibly." JJ says.

"Impressive." I say after. "One in a lifetime event."

"Don't jinx it, let's go."

_____________________________

We jump down off the train as it begins moving to go ask Topper for jumper cables.

"What do you need them for?" He says, quite frightened looking.

No one answers him, Sarah rummages through the seats of the truck.

"All right, I hope y'all are all okay with ending up in federal prison." He rolls his eyes.

"If it comes to that, I'll do it for Pope." JJ shrugs, getting onto his bike.

Sarah passes the jumper cables to me as Topper shakes his head with disappointment.

I look over at him as he stares at me, presumably waiting for me to get on.

I shift my weight a little. "Can't I just get in the truck?"

"Can't you just sit on the bike?" He turns more toward me now.

"Cause you'll miss me too much if I'm away from you for like 2 minutes?" I tilt my head, my lips pouting.

He clenches his jaw, slightly looking me up and down. "You're cute when you're petty."

"And your ugly when you're annoying." I flick my hair away from my shoulder.

He smiles.

I huff, jumping on the back and jerking my fingers to the direction in which we need to go.

We drive off in front of the truck and split at a crossroad, us going towards the tracks lights, as it is our job to stop the train.

JJ pulls up behind a bush situated beside the tracks, he hops off and as do I after him.

"That should be far enough away.." He observes his space before grabbing the jumper cables and running toward the track.

Suddenly JJ falls, what a surprise. He's always falling.

I blink and halt to a stop as he scrambles back up.

"You good there?" I giggle.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He huffs, continuing to run toward the track.

He clips one end of the cable onto the track in no time, and one to the traffic light.

I watch as he clips it on too quick. "Don't electrocute yourself."

"No promises with that one." He grins as he glances up at me.

We look up at the light, hoping for a colour change. "Moment of truth.."

The train horn blares in the distance as we stand with no change.

"Okay, no. It's supposed to change." His breath shakes.

I scrunch my lids slightly, crouching down to the track and picking up the loose cable.

"Think, think.. What if we used something bigger, like a tree? Or I could pretend I'm trying to commit suicide." He rubs his neck.