The following week I live my life as normal as it's possible inside of a giant maze. I eat everyday, even though it's not as much as I should eat, and I spend time with Thomas, Minho, Newt and Jeff.

Newt and I always take our little walks after lunch and talk about how life's going. The boy always makes me feel comfortable and I like talking to him. Yesterday he told me about his sexuality and I told him that you had to be blind to not notice it.

Minho and I have so many inside jokes by now, that the others never know what the hell we are talking about. And that's what makes it even funnier. Sometimes he really makes my blood boil but with him it never gets boring.

Jeff and I always play little games in our free time, which is almost the whole day. I enjoy reading his stories and he always tells me smart stuff I never heard of before.

And Thomas...he is the one that makes me laugh the most. All I am able to do when he's around is blushing and grinning. Minho always makes jokes about us. Thomas is my favourite person. He is My person. But I know he doesn't feel the same way, so I don't tell him.

I don't feel great, but I am fine most of the time. Sometimes in the evenings I cry or bite myself. The numbness is also still there. Recently it's been getting a bit worse.

Now I'm sitting at the group table in the dining hall with the others and listen to them.

"-so I went through the blade but Thomas was still on the other side of it and I swear I thought that was it, but then he sped up and in the last moment ran through the last blade and bumped right into me. That shank really has a death wish believe me." Minho just continues his story about their day in the maze.

Thomas doesn't seem so interested and I watch as he calmly eats his dinner and then turns to me. He looks at my full plate.

"Ruby, how often did we talk about that you have to eat." he sounds just how I imagine a mother telling her child to clean their messy room.

"Thomas, believe me I know that it's important to eat and I will when I'm hungry. Got it?" I tell him in the exact same tone, ignoring Minhos snickers from the other side of the table.

Thomas looks down for a moment then takes an apple from my plate and puts it into my hands. "Just so that you can eat something later if you get hungry." that boy's so damn stubborn. I roll my eyes "Thank you very much." All he does is smile at me in response.

After dinner I help Fry in the kitchen. Thomas joins us eventually and we share the work. He always does this. I do something and he joins me without saying anything. I'm not complaining though.

When I drag a few plates towards the kitchen table and Thomas takes one of them, his hand brushes against mine.

I feel my face heating up. That happens every single time he touches me.

-

When I'm alone again, I wander around the glade. I don't hate it to be here anymore. It's still not my favourite place on earth.

I skipped lunch and I also haven't eaten dinner. My stomach feels weird. Empty but I have the feeling if I eat something I'm gonna throw up.

"Ruby!" my favourite brunette boy joggs over to me. "Hi." I'm working on my social skills. "Have you heard the news?" he seems excited to tell me about them. "No, what is it?"

"So, you remember when I told you that me and Minho once survived a night in the maze?"

"Yes."

"And I had the idea that we could spend another night inside the maze and maybe find something like an entrance that only opens during the night." I stiff. I know it's selfish but I don't want Thomas to spend a night in the maze. I don't know what I would do if he doesn't come back.