Chapter 11 - A Perilous Healer

Start from the beginning

"Dr. Lee, the one taking care of me in Poland kept me out of the system when I convinced her some dangerous people were after me."

"I'm dangerous?" he asked, playing innocent.

"You're a kitten, Jack," Ana laughed. Jack joined her in laughter before his wound started aching again. He held his hand to his side.

"Gabriel is out there. Talon is getting more powerful. They need to be stopped, everything that we've suffered - everything that you've suffered - needs to be made good on. I'm going to take them apart, piece by piece." He clenched his fists before slowly releasing them. "But I can't do it alone. I need your help."

Ana crossed her arms "You can barely stand. You fainted on the street. Even for you this is new. You're too pumped with adrenaline now to agree to go to Ziegler. I'll talk to you again when you wake up"

"Wake up?" Jack's eyes flashed to his mug and then looked back at ana. "Did you-?"

"I'm sorry, Jack." Ana said in an apologetic tone.

He collapsed on the cot.

—------------------

Doctor Angelia Ziegler's eyes opened to the light passing through the window of her apartment. She immediately shut them back as it was too bright for her and she was too tired to get up. She turned away from the window to try and get a few more minutes of sleep. Since Overwatch fell, Angela was on the constant move around the world, trying to find her place in the world again as a doctor. She moved to Poland, South Korea and Venezuela where people only knew her as Dr Ziegler, not Mercy. She devoted a decade of her life that has either been scrapped or reassigned out of her control since the downfall. She knew that Lena continued to help however she could in London, despite knowing the risks. Reinhardt is traveling across Europe, dragging poor Brigitte with him. Sojourn keeps a low profile in Canada and the last she heard from Genji was that he was going home to find his brother. Torbjorn was the wisest of all of them. He returned home to Gothenburg with Ingrid in retirement. However, wherever Angela went, she felt the echoes of overwatch and her own guilt over the problems Overwatch has left behind. This is the reason she is in Egypt. Overwatch was responsible for much of the country's suffering and she needed to help repair it. But the people had not given her the proper welcome and would always tell her to go home and that she had done enough damage. Deep down though, she knew that in their time of need, people will still expect her to come to their aid. She didn't become a doctor to be thanked.

Her eyes opened again as she felt that people needed her to attend her clinic. She's set up a medical camp in Cairo near her apartment. It's just a fifteen-minute walk. When she was going to get changed, her eyes landed on a large cardboard box at the back of her cupboard. The box holds her Valkyrie suit that she has not worn for over 5 years. She reverted her attention to her clothes, changed into her black dress attire, put her white lab coat and glasses on, and looked at herself in the mirror. She is a slender young woman with light skin and platinum blonde hair tied in a ponytail. When she went to unplug her phone from the charger, something caught her attention on the display.