⁵ˣ⁰⁷. ʳⁱˢᵉ ᵘᵖ

Start from the beginning

"No." Ryan Spalding stated when looking at the siblings, "We're practicing IVs," Steve stated, "How else are we supposed to learn?" Dani questioned them both, "Yang never lets us do anything." Steve admitted to them, "so you're practicing on each other?"

The other Ryan looked at them, "We did it at Baylor, it's cool." Ryan Spalding, who was Alex's intern claimed, "No, it's not cool. It's crazy," Lexie stated as Ryan nods his head, "Like creepy, basement crazy," Ryan added loudly

"Don't tell anyone!"

____

Lexie came to where her half brother stood at the nurse's station near some of the other interns, "Bow to me," Ryan furrowed his eyebrows at his sister, stopping what he was writing for Hahn, "for I am the queen of the interns. I have assembled an army of the dead to teach us things."

The interns all looked confused, "I got us cadavers to practice on. A whole bunch of them." Lexie explained with Ryan smiling, "You got cadavers? Human cadavers?"

Lexie nods her head, "They're down in the tunnels. Meet me there at lunch." She explained to only Yang's interns and Ryan Spalding who all smiled.

"Lex." Ryan followed after his half sister, "How did you get human cadavers?" His half sister only smiled at that, "I have my ways." Ryan gave Lexie a look to what she then admitted, "Okay, the guy from the morgue thinks that I'm pretty." Ryan chuckled as those words left his sister's mouth, "Of course he did, it's the Grey gene." He explained with a chuckle as Lexie playfully pushed her brother's arm.

He then got paged to meet Callie, "I've got to go." He said with a kind smile, "I'll see you at lunch," Lexie nods her head at her brother's comment watching the direction Ryan jogged off into.

"Hey,"
"Hi—"

Erica Hahn came towards them, "Do you know if Izzie Stevens had some sort of relationship with Denny Duquette?" Erica questioned the women she's seeing who sniggered, "You mean, besides the engagement? Oh and the cutting his LVAD wire so she could move him up the transplant list?" Callie listed as both Ryan and Erica looked confused at that, "You didn't know about this?"

"Izzie was on probationary leave. She was nearly kicked out of the program." Callie admitted to Erica and Ryan, "I forget you both weren't here then." Erica shook her head, "No, I wasn't. I was at another hospital, watching my patient's heart get stolen out of his chest." The cardio surgeon said walking away from the intern and the resident.

"So uh—What did you want?" He asked when seeing that Callie was holding some folders, "I need you to give these to the nurse's station." Ryan furrowed his eyebrows when Callie put the folders into Ryan's arms, "Thank you."

____

Ryan comes down into the tunnels seeing his sister and her resident friends all down in the tunnels working on their human cadavers, "Dr Hunt and Dr Sloan are still operating. Do you think I could try—" Lexie started to ask when the residents all shook their heads, "No!"

Meredith looked at them, "Check this out: my dead mommy taught me a cool way to hold instruments. If you palm it, you can switch off faster." She explained to them.

Izzie then looked at where Meredith sat, "When your dead mommy teaches you things, can you see her?" She questioned to what Ryan was then thinking that Izzie meant her dead fiancé, "No. I'm reading her journals." Meredith added.

"I was kidding, obviously."

Ryan narrowed his eyes at where the blonde resident sat knowing that Izzie wasn't joking about seeing her dead fiancé, "I did see her once, though, and that bomb squad guy, and Denny." Meredith said spinning in her chair, as she ate her lunch, "Today?" Izzie asked, "No. I was dead at the time."

"Why didn't I know about this?"

Ryan asked his older sister about her being dead, "Cause I was fine, Ryan. And you were in Med school, I didn't want to bother you." The younger Grey sibling looked at his older sister, "Meredith, I don't care if I'm doing something else, always, and I mean always call me, if something ever happens, ok. Put me down as your emergency contact," He said to his sister, "It's not a bother when it comes to you and Lexie. You're my family."

Izzie half smiled at that knowing that Ryan did have a hard time opening up to people, but not with Meredith or Lexie, he didn't. His emotions always came right out whenever he was with either Meredith or Lexie.

"Could we—"

The residents all shook their heads at whatever Ryan or even Lexie was trying to say, as the two interns frowned at their resident not letting them work on the human cadavers that Lexie had gotten for them to practice on.

____

Ryan looked at the beaten up guy that Yang had ordered him and Lexie to go look after, as Ryan started to try out in a chest tube, "Why is Ryan the only one trying to put in a chest tube?" Yang questioned Lexie who stuttered when she joined them both, "I don't know how. I don't think even Ryan knows how to put in a chest tube."

"What do you mean you don't know how? I learnt that my first week," Cristina told both of her interns, "Yes, you learned that." Ryan told his resident, stopping what he was doing looking at their resident, "You learnt that. But we haven't, ok. We'll never know because not only won't you let us try one, but you hog all of our robots and you steal all of our corpses!" The male intern claimed, "So how are we supposed to learn?"

Ryan then said now looking at his resident who looked back at him, "Ooh, look at that. Four has a backbone," Ryan looked at his resident with a look, "Vitals are stable, for now." Alex said as he was also in the room, seeing both of the interns not doing anything.

"Was there this much blood in his urine before?"

Ryan opened his mouth, "I only got put on this case after—" Cristina shook her head, "No. He needs a beside cystogram." Dr Yang claimed, "Dips on that." Alex added as Ryan and Lexie both looked at the residents, "No, no, it's mine, and his bladder repair is mine too,"

"No, we traded for it. I get his bladder." The male intern looked between the bickering residents, "We never traded, and just to prove you wrong, Three and Four, next time he crashes, do the chest tube." Cristina told her interns, "Get away from that man right now!"

Dr Hunt said when looking into the man's hospital room looking exactly at the two residents, "He was crashing, so we upped his dopamine—" Alex said, "Are you deaf, Karev? I said step away from the man." Dr Hunt said, "We were just saving his life—"

Dr Hunt looked at them, "What you did was pick over him like vultures, a bunch of children fighting over toys." He told the residents as Ryan and Lexie looked at the trauma attending, "What you did was treat a man fighting for his life as if he was dead. You have no sense, no decency, and no respect!"

Ryan looked down, "Just get out. Just get out of here." The residents and interns did as said, Ryan stepping out of the hospital room not even looking back at his resident.