Radhika laughed harder when he groaned in annoyance. He had not realized that she had been observing him for a some time.

"Having fun at my expense?" He asked with a hint of disappointment

She smiled and walked closer.
"It takes practice to make those delicate pots."

He held her gaze for a moment and she did not know if he was annoyed.
She sighed softly and turned around to leave.

"Radhika?"
She was startled when he called her out. She did not recall him ever calling her by her name. The moment was one to be treasured. She gulped down a lump in her throat and looked at him flabbergasted.

"Stay."
She did not miss the pleading in his voice.
Her lips parted slightly. Her feet refused to move, freezing her on her spot.

Samar waited for her to reply but he realized her state of shock and blinked at her. He did not know if he was doing the right thing by saying whatever he was about to say. He did not know if she would react with same numbness after he was done saying. He closed his eyes briefly in looked down for a mere moment, only to look back at her.

"We need to talk, Radhika. Why don't you sit down?" He said with a controlled voice.

Radhika blinked at him and looked at the only bench that he was already sitting on. She lightly nodded and walked forward, but instead of sitting on the bench, she lowered herself on the ground and sat down so that she could face him as well as the entrance of the house. Samar was taken aback by her choice. He pushed the switch to turn off the wheel and got up. He washed his dirty hands at the tap present there for the convenience of the anyone working at the wheel and turned around to face her. He pulled out a handkerchief and wiped his hands dry while he walked closer to where she sat and took a seat near her, mirroring her position.
She gasped lowly.

"Kunwarsa!" She exclaimed.

He looked at her with a blank face. He sighed after a moment.
The grave seriousness on his face compelled her to stay in place. She found her getting impatient with every passing moment.

Samar forced himself to relax after a moment. He brushed his fingers in his soft luxurious locks that were falling on his forehead and pulled them behind.

"I wanted to ask you something." He said looking at her.

"Me? What is it?" She asked with fear filled heart.

"Will you come with me to Chennai?"

"Huh?" She did not believe what she heard and found herself at loss of words.

"Chennai. You want to come with me?" He asked again.

Radhika picked her lips and looked away. Her gaze was focused at the entrance of the house and her mind was suddenly filled with questions.

"What do you want, Kunwarsa?" She whisper asked when she composed herself.

"It's not about what I want. It's about what you want, Radhika." He immediately replied.

She blinked and looked down. Samar realized that she was lost in her thoughts. He would never insist again if she refused. He would never impose his thoughts on her.

Radhika raised her eyes and looked at him.
"I don't really know, what does all this mean."

"What do you want to know?"
His voice was extremely calm.

Radhika twisted the end of her stole. She was to occupied with her thoughts. The turmoil within her made her anxious. Samar noticed, she was twisting the stile too ferociously that she was about to break the string of beads attached there. He gently pulled the end from her grip and she was startled.

"It's completely your choice. You don't have to get anxious. I will respect whatever you decide." He said with a smile.

"I did not expect you to ever.... " She could not complete.

Samar knew what she meant. He could not stop a certain sinking feeling.

"Do... Do you even consider....?" Her voice croaked.

He wanted to hear it from her.
"Consider what?" He probbed.

"This marriage?" Her voice was too soft for a whisper, but he heard it.

"What else do you consider it?"

Radhika wanted to say so many things. She neither had courage to voice the words out nor did she have words proper enough to express herself.

It was complicated. The least she wanted was him to acknowledge the fact that they were married. One single signature had bound their fate. She expected bit more of a gesture from him.

"All those things you did for me... I could not thank you enough. I have stopped believing in rituals long ago. But I still believe that we have a special place in each others life. I know its very complicated. But, may be we can find ways to co-exist."

His words made it final that she would live her life based on a single signature. If she wanted to be in his life, it would be on his terms. And, she did not want to imagine her life without him. Life was giving her a fair chance, but with a compromise.

She smiled with her misty eyes.
"When do we leave?"

Samar gave a dazzling smile.
"Tomorrow morning."

-------------------------------------
Another chapter up
Vote and comment
Love