step number one: make sure she knows you exist.

A S H T O N

"so then, I asked for her number."

"what'd she do?"

"she fainted."

"i mean, are you surprised? she ran into a pole."

"she knocked herself out in class one time."

"how does that even happen?"

"i don't know."

"ashton, you okay?" luke asked, looking at me with a concerned look on his face.

"huh, what? y-yeah i'm fine," I replied, cringing at how unsure it had sounded. luke gave me a look basically saying 'dude you suck a lying, what's up'.

"i'm fine, I swear!" I exclaimed, causing calum to laugh at me. I shot him a glare.

calum raised his hands in defense. "you don't seem fine, though."

"i am, goodness people," I laughed, looking down at my annoying phone that wouldn't stop buzzing.

"who is it?" Michael asked, leaning over the table to catch a glance.

I groaned. not her. anyone but her. "briana."

you see, briana was my ex. she's still obsessed with me. it's quite annoying if i'm being honest.

"why is she calling me during school? like she's only three tables away," I groaned, hitting the decline button.

the boys shrugged before starting a conversation about something that didn't really interest me. my eyes scanned the noisy cafeteria, looking for nothing in particular. something did catch is eye though. well, someone did.

Danielle. although she wasn't popular, like me, she still caught my eye. she always sat at the corner table with her three friends, alex, that girl who can knock herself out no matter where she's at, Austin, I don't know about him actually, and matt, he was into books and shit and that's all I knew.

she seemed interesting, more interesting than my friends right now.

-

-

-

class was boring, but I don't know what I really expected. it was English. I saw alex, Danielle's friend, and was tempted to ask her about Danielle. however, I decided against it.

"hey, you sure you're okay dude? you seem out of it," luke asked as we walked out of hell. wait, I meant school. sorry.

luke was the caring friend. I don't know, he always cared for all three of us. maybe he was the only one with a heart.

"yeah, can I tell you something?" I asked, immediately regretting it. luke nodded, signaling for me to continue.

"i think I like someone."

"really?! do you need tips? I got this," luke exclaimed, his blue eyes widening. he opened his back pack, handing me a giant packet of papers.

101 ways to get the girl. written by luke hemmings! :)

you've got to be kidding me.

"101 ways to get the girl? seriously luke?"

"yes."

"okay, step one...really? make sure she knows you exist. great advice."

"well," luke started, motioning for me to follow him. "you see, if she doesn't know you exist, you'll never get a chance."

"valid point. how do I show her I exist?" I asked, actually wanting to try these steps out. hopefully they would work.

"since you're popular, she probably knows you exist. what she doesn't know is that you know she exists. so basically make sure she knows you exist by showing her that you know she exists," luke spoke proudly.