Chapter 30

Sitting in front of the grand mirror, I marveled at the beauty of my Laghna

Sitting in front of the grand mirror, I marveled at the beauty of my Laghna. It wrapped around me like a cascade of elegance, its intricate embroidery telling a story of tradition and celebration. The rich hues of gold and crimson adorned the fabric, reflecting the warmth of the occasion.

The design was a masterpiece, with delicate patterns that seemed to dance as I moved. The neckline was modest yet graceful, and the sleeves flowed with a gentle flair. Every thread seemed to shimmer, catching the light in a mesmerizing dance that echoed the joy in my heart.

Downstairs, the decorations are happening, making the house lively. Ahad's family will be here with the Baraat any time now. I came back home last night after the pre-wedding party. Memories of laughter and joy linger from that night.

“ Oh My Allah! “ I turn my head towards the doorway as I saw Kinza dressed in Black dress . She was covering her mouth with her hands and her face was dramatic. Behind her follows Haya who was in a yellow Lehenga. Her eyes suddenly start to shine looking at me. I smiled at both of them as they made their way towards me.

Kinza quickly hugged me, squeezing me greatly.

“ I am going to cry idiot “ She said pulling away as she was looking at me like she is really proud of the art. I cupped her face with my Mehndi Filled Hands.

“ Stop being dramatic! “ I said. Then Haya Came and Hugged me from the right side. In a few hours she got close to me and we talked a lot. She is really a sunshine person except she is dramatic and a little clumsy.

“ YOU ARE LOOKING SO BEAUTIFUL MASHALLAH “ Her voice was filled with excitement . I smiled towards her as they both kept on hugging me from both sides.

It was a moment of silence and the extreme need of Zoya Baji is still making me sad somewhere. Why can't she be here, I need her right here at least this time.

I talked to her last night on the phone . She was really happy for me and wanted to come but she couldn't. She has important practical exams and this is really important for her .

“ I miss Zoya Baji— “ My voice was cut off when I heard the beautiful voice.

“ And I missed you more than you can imagine “ I turned around as my eyes landed on the beautifully dressed Zoya baji she was wearing a white Lehenga. She was smiling widely. My eyes were wide and I could not breathe. Before tears could start to fall she quickly rushed to me and hugged me. I hold her tightly still trying to process everything.

“ Zoya Baji! “ Finally when I looked at her face closely I realized this is not a dream of mine but a reality. She is standing here right in front of me. She was smiling and her face was calm from the last time I saw her.

“ You are looking so beautiful. “ She said and kissed my forehead like a motherly figure. Warmness spread throughout my whole body.

“ I thought you were not coming to the wedding, '' I said, looking at her yet surprised eyes. She smiled  towards Kinza and Haya. I look towards them and then back towards Zoya Baji. Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai .