Chapter 5

A Y E S H A

A Y E S H A

“ Come Ayesha beta sit beside your husband “
Maa said gesturing me towards the couch where Ahad was sitting. I nodded and walk where he was sitting and sit besides . As I sat in the living room with Ahad's family, my heart raced with uncertainty and apprehension. I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was an outsider in this new environment, and my forced marriage with Ahad only intensified those emotions. But this family has always welcomed me. Maa and everyond gave me love.

“ so as you all have my attention, I called you all to announce that tomorrow will be Ahad's and Ayesha's Walima. Because the media is asking why we are hiding and also it's a tradition. “

Ammi's announcement about the wallima tomorrow caught me off guard. I tried to hide my disappointment, but it was difficult not to feel a pang of sadness at the thought of not being able to see my parents. I had always felt distant from them, and this wedding only added more distance between us.

It's not like I don't wanna see them but what they did to me and to Baji was never good. We were never good enough for them. No matter what we do.

“ But Ammi I have meetings and lots of work.
Can't we cancel. “

Ahad attempted to speak up, mentioning his important meetings, but before he could finish, Ammi interrupted, asserting that the wallima was a must, no matter what. I glanced at Ahad, wishing he could stand up for me, but I knew he was stuck between his mother's wishes and his own commitments.

My eyes welled up with tears, but I held them back. I didn't want to appear weak or ungrateful for the efforts Ahad's family had made to welcome me. I looked down at my hands, intertwining my fingers, hoping to find some strength in that simple gesture.

I guess Ahad noticed me and he slowly intertwin his fingers with mine covering my hand with his. I look up at him but he was looking at his Ammi. His warm hand was giving me comfort .

Maa continued discussing the preparations for the wallima, going into details about the guest list and the menu. I tried to focus on what she was saying, but my mind drifted to the memories of my Dadu, whom I had always adored. He was the only one who truly understood me and supported my dreams.

Finally, when there was a pause in the conversation, I gathered the courage to speak. "Maa," I said softly, "I know the wallima is important, and I appreciate everything you all have done for me. But, can I please have a moment to visit my Dadu? I miss him dearly, and I really want to see him."

Ammi looked surprised for a moment, then her expression softened. "Of course, beta," she replied, "You can visit your Dadu tomorrow before the wallima. Family is essential, and we understand your feelings."

I smiled and thank her for everything. How sweet she is. What a perfect family is this.
I hope Baji is fine.

Night time