CHAPTER 14

SECRETS

[commenting and voting is considered writer's motivation and is greatly appreciated!]

IN A MATTER OF EIGHTEEN HOURS, CATHERINE WAS FACING SIRIUS BLACK AGAIN. She had just realized the severity of her situation, and it kept her awake like a madman. Her chest dropped at the reality of her being responsible for the relationship between Lily and her father. How would she even tell her such a prosperous thing without expecting her to yell at her. Every method Catherine had considered about telling Lily also ended up the same. Her being angry at both at them.

So she stood before Sirius Black, hands curled into a fist, hair unkempt, and yelling at him with vigorance. She paced the old wooden floors, shaking her head profusely, and glaring at him. 

"Honestly, Sirius, this is mad! How the hell am I supposed to tell my best friend that her father came to me before you came to her!" She scoffed, "It's immature! It's going to ruin your relationship with her more! You need to be a man and face her! I am not responsible for your lack of communication with your own daughter!" Her chest heaved rapidly, "It's too much burden for me to carry!" 

"Merlin, woman, it's seven in the morning!" Sirius groaned, running his hands on his face, "What am I supposed to do? My daughter speaks about me with such hatred! I thought maybe her best friend can ease her to it!" He shook his head, "I know where I'm not wanted...believe me when I say that!"

Catherine sighed, feeling a surge of empathy for him, "Sirius, I can't keep this a secret. For God sake, it's been eighteen hours and I've been dying to tell her! I can't do it anymore!" Catherine leaned against the clawed walls of the shack, dropping her head and herself down in defeat. "Believe it or not, Lily is the closest thing I have to family. Her and Mariam...I can't lose her to this."

"That I can relate to."

Catherine felt a shadow cover her, she looked up. Sirius was now in front of her, kneeling down, holding her shoulder. "I know I'm an arse for giving you this situation." His silver eyes glistened with sadness, "I really am sorry...but it was all that I can think of."  

Catherine gave him a soft smile, "You're an arse for sure...but what's done is done." She closed her eyes in thought, "I can't speak for you, I can't explain for you. I won't. But I'll bring her here and I'll let you explain everything."

A tear seeped down Sirius' cheek. "I'll be in debt to you, believe me."

"Damn right you are." Catherine softly laughed. She scrunched up her nose. "Do you know that you stink, right?" Catherine cringed, scrunching her nose in disgust."

"Bloody christ," Sirius mumbled under his breath, "Yeah, twelve years of Azkaban can do that to someone. The only good thing I got from there is that I lost a stone and six pounds." He smiled.