CHAPTER 6

CAUGHT

CAUGHT

[commenting and voting is considered writer's motivation and is greatly appreciated!]

THE MONTH QUICK FLEW BY AND STUDENTS WERE DESPERATE NEED FOR ENTERTAINMENT. Catherine had always suspected the lack of activities to do in the castle is the vessel for making parties, starting rumors, and drinking. She hadn't been a big fan of it all, well that is what she conditioned herself to think, she always had studies take precedent over her life. Lily, on the other hand, was always the more extraverted friend, it's what made her very popular. Lily always wanted Catherine to enjoy herself, but she's beginning to think that she can't.

Whispers about the party in the Hufflepuff common room swarmed the castle, yet Catherine was worried about one thing: Dumbledore's approval of the paper. It was the last day of September and all her new writers' had finally finished writing, editing, and designing the paper for this month. It was ultimately left to the headmaster to approve it before releasing the paper to students. It's usually to check it was appropriate and didn't contain any offensive comments, yet Catherine was anxious to see if it was up to Dumbledore's standards.

Catherine stood in cobbled floor of Dumbledore's office, anxiously picking at her fingers as the bearded headmaster looked at the paper with his crescent glasses. His blue eyes read the paper carefully and Catherine watched as his eyes pandered left to right. His face was emotionless which scared Catherine, her heart felt tight as if it was going to explode waiting for his opinion.

Flipping toward the last page of the newspaper, Dumbledore took in a long sigh, soaking in the words carefully. Catherine watched as he closed the paper, folding it and settling it down on the polished wood desk. Catherine looked attentively at him.

'Well, Miss Dolunay," Dumbledore began, "This was not what I was expecting."

The beating in Catherine's heart seemed to have stopped. She froze, feeling her face falter at his words, "Pardon?"

Dumbledore pushed his glasses up his nose, "In all my years of reading the journalism here in Hogwarts, I had never read such a beautifully-made paper," Dumbledore smirked, intertwining his aged fingers together.

Catherine placed her hand on her heart, sighing a breath of relief, "Thank you, Headmaster." She smiled at him.

"Yes, of course," said the dated voice, "Your mother would be very proud, not even she could have produced this well of a paper." Catherine smiled at his words.

It wasn't unusual for her be compared to her parents, since her first year Catherine had been told by her Professors how much she resembled qualities of both her parents. Catherine, after all, joined the paper after her Head of House, Professor Flitwick, asked if she would join like her mother. She had always been closely resembled to her, from looks to personality. Catherine always used them as an outline. From the small stories Professors would say to what Severus tells her, they were well-respected. It only felt knowledgeable for Catherine to uphold that legacy.