《 11 .First Date 》

The above image is what Raghav had written about Janaki's attires so far in his diary.

As promised, I have attached it.

----------------------------

J A N A K I

After reaching Bikaner through flight, I was picked up at the airport by Lakhan Kaka as promised by Raghav. He seemed like a nice man and he safely dropped me at the Palace. Now as I waiting for him to remove my luggage from the car, he deposited my two bags in the gravelly ground. And I thanked him, but before I could leave he said,"Bade dino baad iss sumsaan mahal meh koi aayo hai, hamare mahal padhaaro rajkumari. Par dhyaan rahe ki Kunwarsa ko kanu chot naa pahuchana bado maasum dil hai unno, saara vaar aur gam seh lenge par ek baar bhi naa dikhaaenge ki ennu ki thes pahuchi hai, unno dhyaan rakhna, agar enne tano rahne ke liye mahal meh bolyo seh toh aap ghano mahtva rakho seh enno liye."

(After a long time, someone has visited this barren palace, so welcome princess. But remember, don't hurt the prince he has a very soft heart, he will bare all the hurt and pain but won't show that he is hurt, take care of him, if he has allowed you to stay here that means you are very important to him.)

I nod at him and grasp all the information he gave about Raghav, but his description of how this palace has not been visited by some outsider in a while seems too odd.

The gigantic gates of the palace are of iron brown colour which open as I enter it, and to say that the palace is beautiful won't be astonishing but it now looks like it had for a very long time yearned for something bright as the moon's rays fall on the quiet palace, its ochre hued pillars look golden now and the water fountain streams give it a good effect of a river running beside it. In the middle is the road to enter the palace, whereas on the right and left side of it is a beautiful garden that is fenced by tall trees which I think are of mango but I can't see clearly due to the long stretch of the size of the garden and lack of light in it.

Lakhan kaka arrives after keeping my bags in a room and says,"This way is your room, rajkumari."

I follow him and the interior of the palace is so ethnic the deep carvings of the history of Bikaner and its valour rulers is carved on the walls that have not aged a bit, the light on the walls is snaked around the carvings and now I am in the hallway, where there is a huge frame of the descendants of Rathod clan behind the mahogany hued sofa, the lamps beside it have a cloth with design of women dancing around fire that view is so fabulous as the golden light is giving the fire vibe.

I look at the wall behind me which has the family frame of Raghav, I go close to it and see that this picture contains Rana Vikramaditya who looks tall and well built with experience marring his forehead so Raghav got his distinct stormy grey eyes from his dad, who is standing with his wife, Rani Radhadevi who is an extremely gorgeous woman in red marwari saree with almond shaped golden brown eyes and beside her is a boy sitting with eyes same like hers and brownish black hair that I guess is Kunwar Aditya and adjacent to him is a boy with jet black curly hair and he is sitting in a peach color kurta that has mirror work done in it with a white kurta-pants, he has a boyish grin on his face with his white teeth on show and I realise that teenage Raghav looked no less than a killer who could have any girl he would like to. Between the two boys is sitting an old woman on a chair in a grey saree and I know its Surbhidevi Singh Rathod, the then famed valour queen of Bikaner and the grandmother of Raghav and Aditya. My eyes fall on the right end of the frame and I realise that this picture was taken fourteen years ago.

My exploration is interrupted by a man who is I guess of the same age of Lakhan Kaka he says,"Khammagani, rajkumari. The dinner is ready for you, should I set the table?"