Seasons | pt. 4

The night was chilly as the silence surrounded them. If you listened carefully enough you would only hear the snowflakes whispering to each other. She felt her heart beat faster by the second, as she was staring at his face.

"We should go. It getting cold now." Ryujin blankly said and turned her back on him.

Beomgyu exhaled, his breath trailed off in front of him, a brief stream of warmth that was quickly sucked up by the icy air.

He would never admit that considering he knows that Ryujin already left her feelings towards him in the past.

She probably feels hurt again now that she knows that something could've happened if Beomgyu was brave enough to choose her.

"It's been bothering me since then, okay?" Beomgyu stopped her by holding her arm before she could go. Ryujin looked at his hand which is now clutching on her arm, refusing to let her go.

"If it's bothering you so much, why did you just reach out now?" Ryujin retorted back at him.

"I just can't afford to lose you..." He admitted and walked towards her. "Again."

"Beomgyu, stop. You're just saying that." Ryujin looked away from him. Not believing what he said. He probably just told her that because he felt bad for her.

"You're telling me that after seven years, I didn't have a reason to love you too?"

Ryujin's heart dropped from his words. It's like everything is in slow motion again, everything she left in Korea was coming back to her again. Ryujin literally forced herself to forget about that day, to forget about those feelings, to forget about him but everything seems to be coming back again. 

"Let's just go, this won't go anywhere anyways." She said

Beomgyu slowly let go of her arm as she walked past him.

Following her, he continued to wonder if he would say something again, wanting her to understand the reasons behind his decisions.

"So, that's it Ryu?" Beomgyu asked. "We're not going to talk about it?" Beomgyu's eyes was waiting for her answer. The truth is, he wants to sort everything out with her.

"I'm not the old me you knew anymore, Beomgyu." Ryujin calmly stated.

"We were happy earlier." Beomgyu blurted out. "You were acting like everything's fine earlier, and now what?" Beomgyu stated but Ryujin continued walking.

Now she's not even uttering a word to him. He held her by the shoulder and was about to speak when Ryujin talked.

"Can we just forget about what happened?" Ryujin mumbled. "I-"

"Don't tell me to just forget about what happened. I know you waited for this day too." He said.

Ryujin scrunched her forehead and looked away. "How can you be so sure of that?"

"Would you even agree to meet up with me if you didn't want to see me again?"

Ryujin pondered at his question because she knows he's right. She can just not respond to the message. Truthfully, it was also her flight earlier, but she delayed it and stayed back when she saw his message.

Despite that feeling, she tried her best to act unbothered and looked at him.

"Because I know you wanted your questions answered. I did you a favor. Now, let's just pretend that you never said anything about your feelings."

Ryujin just wanted to answer all of his questions. She didn't expect what happened next, it will haunt her for sure. All the what-ifs and could have beens...