Through Time | pt. 2

Ryujin walked through the village in confusion. Everything seems so unfamiliar to her. Even the people.

Back then during time of the days like this, everyone is outside of their house having breakfast at their lawn, playing with their neighbors, going for a walk, riding their bicycles. But now, scanning the surroundings, everything is dull. No one is outside.

Her mind is still glued about the girl's words saying that its already 2021. Its unbelievable. She first thought that the girl was just messing with her but as she walked through the neighborhood, everything really is different. 16 years had passed. She lost 16 years of her life.

She took a deep breath and clicked her tongue when she stopped in front of a house. A man in his 20s walked out of the door holding a water hose and a bucket. He opened the faucet and brought the bucket by the side of the car.

He noticed her presence and stopped what he was doing.

"Can I help you, miss?" He asked and dried his hands.

Ryujin never knew he would notice her there but considering that she looks like a creep standing outside of their house, explains a lot.

"Um." She scratched her head. "Do you know where the Lee's live?"

The man raised his brows. "Ma'am, there's a lot of Lee's living here. Do you have a full name of that Lee?" He asked.

"Lee...Chaeryeong? Does she still live here?" She pursed her lips.

"She still does." He replied while Ryujin's eyes lit up.

"Really?"

"Ahjumma Lee, lives there." He pointed at the third house from the right.

"A-ahjumma?" Ryujin stuttered hearing how he addressed her.

[Ahjumma is a term to address a middle-aged woman.]

"Yeah? Why...?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"She's old now?" Ryujin exclaimed in terror.

"Just 36 or 37?" He held his chin. "That's not old, miss."

"Yeah..but we used to be the same age." She whispered.

"Sorry?" The man tilted his head.

"Uh. Okay, thanks for the information mister." Ryujin saluted and ran towards the house he pointed.

"Weird, woman." He shrugged it off and proceeds to continue what he was doing earlier.

Ryujin halted her steps when she reached the front of the Lee's house. She looked around and spotted their house. It looks a lot different now. She lived exactly in front of Chaeryeong's house.

She walked towards the door of the house and proceeds to knock.

"Please be mother, please-"

"Hello, may I help you?" A middle-aged man welcomed her.

Oh, who is this?

"I'm sorry to bother but do you know any Shin's that lives...lived here. In this very house?" Ryujin fiddled with her fingers.

"Shin's..hm." He hummed. "Yeah, but that was a very long time ago." He replied.

"They left?"

"She left. After her daughter went missing." The man explained.

"Her daughter went...missing?" Ryujin widened her eyes.

"Before me and my family went to live here, we witnessed her leaving by herself and that's where I knew that she left with that reason." He sighed.