Seasons | pt. 3

After they spent an entire 40 minutes in the ice rink, they decided to settle at the Bow Bridge at Central Park.

Even though the Bow Bridge is one of the most famous spots in Central Park, it is not really decorated for Christmas. There are no bright lights or decorations around the bridge. So there are no tourists around the area. Some are just passing by and nothing else.

Yet, they chose to stay there needing a peaceful environment after conversing with a large crowd for the past few hours. They leaned along the railings, gazing at the city skyline lit up in the night sky.

"How does it feel seeing each other again after three years. Hm?" Ryujin asked all of a sudden.

Beomgyu thought for a bit. He felt nostalgic and happy seeing her again after so long. Yet, it also made him question everything, again.

"Honestly, never thought I would see you again." He answered, glancing at her. She hummed meaning she understood what he said.

"Me too. I mean, I know it would happen, I knew we would meet each other again. I just never thought it would be this soon." Ryujin looked towards the city lights.

"Why did you take the nursing course?" He started out of the blue which took her by surprise. She didn't expect that to be their starting conversation. "Thought you wanted to pursue film."

Ryujin was taken aback by his question. She thought so too but change isn't a bad thing right?

"The nursing course is not as bad as I thought. Film is something I want but nursing is something I wanted to pursue." She explained.

"The thought of helping people makes me feel at ease." Ryujin smiled, not regretting a single decision she made.

"Well, as long as you're happy." Beomgyu smiled.

"How about you? Psychology?" She asked with raised brow. "Thought you wanted to be a fitness coach or some sort."

"Well, I shifted." He explained. "I've always wanted to be a psychologist. I told you that before."

"I do remember, I just didn't expect that you would actually pursue it since you told me about the coach thingy." She shrugs her shoulders.

So she does remember..

They talked for a while about their jobs, like where they started and how is it going now and etc.

It was quiet for a while, just them standing along the railings feeling the chilly wind hitting their faces. Comfortable in each other's silence.

"You in love already?" Beomgyu asked all of a sudden which received a scoff from Ryujin.

"Why ask such thing?"

"I'm just curious, you never know right?" Beomgyu shrugged.

Ryujin laughed reminiscing how Beomgyu always push her to start dating but she always refuse to do so because she has other things to focus on.

"I was." She replied. "Didn't really worked out."

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" He asked looking at her.

"Well, uh. He said he wasn't ready to commit." Ryujin explained shortly.

"You loved him?"

She nodded. "But he wasn't ready so I wanted to respect his decision. Besides, maybe it's not the time to enter a relationship yet." She pursed her lips. "I'm happy with what I have now, anyways."

Beomgyu chuckled. "First heartbreak, huh?

Ryujin snorted at his remark. He knows damn well that he wasn't her first heartbreak. She gave him a side eye. "Second, to be exact."