Creepy Christmas

It's finally Christmas!

And I'm lonely until my friends are done celebrating with their own families.

Lying on my couch, I stare at the wall next to my television, admiring the Christmas tree painted onto it—which was Ashley's and Larry's doing. My eyes trail down to the neatly wrapped gifts sitting on the carpet; a drum set and drumsticks for Larry, a lavender Juicy Couture track suit and a set of five different lipglosses for Ashley along with two different bottles of Ed Hardy perfume, two tickets for an Oddities and Curiosities exposition for Todd and his boyfriend Neil, and for Sal a CD burner, a pack of blank CDs, a digital pocket studio to record songs, and of course, the custom prosthetic eye.

A lot in my life has changed ever since I moved to Nockfell, but if one thing has stayed the same, it's the fact that I hate the holidays. My daily life is already enough of a reminder that I don't have a family that loves me, so I especially don't need it to be rubbed in my face on days like these, thank you very much.

I look at Ghost, who's chewing up his Christmas gift, "Who wants to go for a walk?" I ask in my baby-voice.

Ghost wags his tail aggressively and barks loudly, dropping his new stuffed animal. I take this as a 'me, mom!'.

Ghost waits for me by the front door while I run and quickly slip into a pair of chunky platform combat boots. I throw on my black felt coat and a fluffy scarf before getting Ghost's leash on him and leaving the apartment.

The harsh winter air feels like blades against my skin. Everything is covered in a thick layer of snow, and even the roads haven't been plowed today. There's not a soul to be seen besides my dog and I, and the white sky matching all my surroundings adds onto the eerie feeling I'm getting as I walk with Ghost.

We walk down the empty streets of Nockfell, just letting time pass. I don't really know what I want to do, so I decide I'm going to take a walk through the cemetery to keep the dead company, since I doubt anyone visits them for Christmas day anyways.

Ghost walks peacefully beside me, not yanking nor pulling.

What a good boy!

He's growing insanely fast; he'll soon be my height, no doubt.

As we walk through the cemetery, the blowing wind makes whistling sounds which sends shivers all the way down my spine.

The graves are as lonely as ever, and that gives us something in common. For a second, I allow myself to wonder what it is that my parents are doing today—if they're even still living, that is.

I don't linger on that thought for long.

I hum a random song as I walk from grave to grave, reading each of the names and taking the time to read the short descriptions.

My phone is repeatedly buzzing in my pocket, distracting me from the headstones. I check to see who it is.

(Larry) bro my mom is so boring she's taking a nap
(Larry) can I come over plz
(Larry) (Y/N) answer me i'm slowly rotting away </3
(Larry) wow and you don't even care
(Larry) (Y/N) plzzz
(Larry) fine. i didn't wanna resort to this but u left me no choice
(Larry) let me come over
(Larry) or else

Of course. My flea.

(Me) Boy what are you going on about
(Me) Ik you're not in my phone threatening me rn
(Me) Plus i'm not even home
(Me) So you're gonna have to wait
(Larry) wtf. where are u
(Larry) you left me >:(
(Larry) come home loser
(Me) I will dummy wait