I'm Low on Gas and I Can't See Shit in this Fog

I hope I have everything packed. Otherwise, it'll be a sad day for everyone because we're going to be deep in the forest. This was Ash's idea, of course. She said she was feeling 'adventurous', so now I'm driving us three hours to the vast, foggy forests of Oregon, all the way on the West coast. This whole thing started off as a plan to have a picnic... I should be happy, though. At least my friends are forcing me to live my life. If it were up to me, I'd be rotting away in my bed every day.

It's not even six in the morning yet; the birds are beginning to chirp, the sky is still dark and slowly brightening up, the cold air and mist making everything appear grey. I shut the trunk of my car closed and look toward the doors of the Addison Apartments.

Those two better hurry and come on out. We still need to go pick up Ashley before we head to the park. Todd already left with his boyfriend, Neil, who just came to pick him up. We're supposed to meet them there, so we need to get going.

Ghost runs around happily on the grass. Then, the doors to the apartments open and Sal and Larry come walking out holding their backpacks and blankets. Ghost runs towards them and around them happily, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as he zooms past. I walk towards them and I greet them.

Before I left Sal's apartment last night, I helped him choose the outfit that he's wearing right now; a pair of grey cargo sweatpants, a black hoodie with a black Sanity's Fall t-shirt over it, and a pair of all black court graffik DC's. Sal thought it would be cool if matched our outfits, so I'm wearing black cargo sweatpants, black and white court graffik DC's, and a grey hoodie with a black Mayhem t-shirt over the hoodie. Oh! And it looks like he's holding a jacket. Good thing I don't have to send anyone back in. I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt under my hoodie and t-shirt, specifically so I won't need a jacket because I hate having to carry a jacket around after I'm done wearing it!!

Larry scoffs, "Wow. I didn't get the memo about the mix and matched outfits." He says grumpily.

He's wearing baggy blue jeans, his favorite brown Sanity's Fall shirt t-shirt, an unzipped red zip up hoodie, a black unzipped jacket, and a pair of red Osiris D3's.

"Your outfit looks cute, though. It matches your hat that you left in the car!" I say, referring to his red beanie that's laying in the back seat of my car.

Larry sighs, "I'll let it slide, I guess."

"..It's cold." Sal says, walking over to my car with Ghost trotting behind him.

"Yeah, and we have to go get Ash, so come on Larry." I walk over to my car, I unlock the doors, and I hop in the drivers seat.

Larry jumps into the passenger seat while Sal and Ghost sit in the back. I immediately turn the heat on, and I begin driving towards Ashley's. I glance back at Sal through my rear view mirror. He's snuggling with Ghost under his blanket which makes me smile.

We arrive at Ashley's, and she's already waiting for us by the front door of her house as we pull up in the front. She sees us and a grin grows onto her face. She excitedly runs towards the car, her long brown hair flowing behind her.

Ash is wearing black leggings, white leg warmers, a pair of black Converse, a purple knitted sweater, and a white jacket with a fluffy lined hood. Her hair is down as usual, and she's also wearing her black velvet choker.

She runs to the passenger side door and she opens it, scowling down at Larry when she sees him sitting comfortably next to me.

"Sucks to suck, loser." He teases her, giving her the finger.

Ash gasps, looking between Larry and I, "The hostility! Not even a 'good morning' or maybe even a simple 'beat ya to it'?!" She shuts Larry's door and opens the back door, plopping down next to Sal and Ghost.