The Playground

"Well." Aaliyah sat across from Mariah in a posh restaurant on the Upper East Side.

"It was a play party." She smiled. It just rolled off her tongue as if she said birthday or an anniversary party.

"Play party?" Aaliyah shook her head. "And what is that exactly?"

"How can I explain this?" Mariah chose her words carefully. "My play parties are a place one or a couple can come to find someone to play with." She made it as simple as possible. It took a moment for what she said to sink in.

"Do you men like in BDSM?"

"That too." She smiled.

Aaliyah sat back in her seat as a million thoughts ran through her mind at once.

"Wait a minute. How long have you been into all of this? There were judges, teachers. A lot of upstanding people from the community were there." Her mind was blown. "I didn't see anyone having sex in a dark corner."

Mariah couldn't help but laugh at her young friend. Aaliyah seemed dumbfounded.

"I've been into the lifestyle since college. And yes there are a lot of distinguished people that participate in the life. It's not like some two dollar whore turning tricks in dark piss filled ally. I take it that you didn't go upstairs to the V.I.P."

"No." She shook her head. "What was up there?"

"Private rooms." Mariah really didn't have to say anymore.

"How did you get into something like this? Was there a course I missed in college or something?" She was trying to wrap her mind around what she was hearing. "What is it like?"

"It freedom in every sense of the word." Mariah took a sip of her cappuccino.

"Freedom?"

"Yes." She sat back and crossed her legs. "No one judges you because you like to be spanked or you like to spank people. Others like to be tied up. The things we do are consider taboo by people who don't agree with our choices. That's why we tend to keep things low- key."

"Tied up and spanked. That party was anything but low-key."

"I beg to differ. You were there and you had no idea what was really going on. Darling, it doesn't get any more low-key than that. And being spanked and tied up is just the tip of the iceberg."

"You had me at play party."

"You are really intrigued by all of this." She could see it in Aaliyah's eyes.

"You were the one who invited me to your party. Besides I get the feeling this would make a wonderful story. Just what does BDSM mean? And why did you invite me there?"

"I thought that you would find someone to knock the cobwebs of that pussy of yours." Mariah talked as if they were discussing the weather. "At least that's what I hope would've happen. It was a Friday night. You were sitting at home doing nothing. Why not get out the house? Let your hair down. Live a little. Why sit in that window of yours watching life pass you by? You should be out living life instead of watching other people do it?"

Aaliyah knew she was telling the truth. These days she seemed to be all work and no play. That was one of the main things Scott use to complain about. Now Mariah was saying the same thing. Maybe they had a point.

"BDSM stands for Bondage, Discipline or Dominance and Submission or sadomasochism. The M is for masochism."

"That's a mouthful."

"A guy I was dating in college my freshman year introduced me to the lifestyle. I loved it from the beginning. He was my first Dom."

"Dom?"