Chap 27

"You all get ready, I got a surprise!" I announced.
"What's the surprise?" Titi asked, operating her iPad.
"Surprise ain't meant to told, brainless! Too brainless to be thirteen" Emeka mocked.
"Look who's calling someone brainless! You! Ya too brainless to be fifteen" She retorted.
"Will you get ready or I'll assume you don't want to get to see the surprise" I said, looking sternly at them.

They both gave me a cute smile before going inside to get prepared. I felt contented and satisfied at this point. I felt happy. My family were happy, not only happy, but united. Ma and Pa were acting like two lovebird, creating one tensed atmosphere. Pa's second wife would occasionally stare at them with a saddened look. But was cheerful when Pa gave her a light squeeze on the hand. Is this how the 70's express their love.....eww!

It is said that a dejected stone will one day become a chief cornerstone. Looking back to my family background and my current life. I'll dub it "from grass to grace". Titi and Emeka were in much better clothing, same with ma. Titi was on a red satin topped little dress and pale red ballet flat. Emeka was on a checked blue sailor shirt, pale blue baggy jeans and a navy blue sneakers. Ma was on a sleek midnight blue silk sheath and a black Maryjane shoe. They all looked breathtaking... this is all I have dreamt of. My family dressing in fancy dresses and living their best lives and I'd fulfill my dreams. Titi and Emeka were both chattering and arguing on whose device was the best. They got in the Bugatti with their arguments until Pa hushed them to shut. Emeka was on his iPhone and Titi same.

"So, my son where we headed to?" Ma asked for the fifth time since the drive.
"First lady, will you let the driver concentrate and stop troubling my son with questions.... he needs rest."
"So he's your son now?" Ma asked.
"I caused his birth" Pa retorted.

We drove for like thirty minutes more when we stopped by a big garage with fleets of cars, bicycles, unicycles, motorcycle and a scooter In it and then, a big mansion stood with all his glory.. swimming pool, basketball court, gargoyle and a mini bar...I nodded in satisfaction seeing the awestruck look on their faces from Pa to his second wife. Their were all like "am I dreaming?"

"Is this a president's mansion?" Titi asked, looking astonished.
"Son, I could've dressed properly if you wanted to present us to the governor!" Pa panicked.
"Don't worry! This is the surprise! Y'all mansion! I bought for you guys! I've made money so y'all gon' enjoy it!"

"Huh?" Was the reply I got from them all.
"Uhh" I exclaimed.
"You wasted lots of money boy!" ma yelled.
"Ma, this is for you guys, I made this money for you and my siblings to enjoy the best possible life.... I'd spend all my money on you guys! Now come on, let's get inside!"

We got in and was greeted by the numerous servants and cooks who came to welcome us. The gold marble tiled flooring, the large gold chandelier, a white bookcase by the side of the living room, a large flat screened television, a white recliner which complimented the bookcase and then the black and gold chaise longer. The pictures on the wall were paintings of Pa, Ma, Titi and Emeka.

I mentally reminded myself to call my artist to come over to make a drawing of Pa's second wife.

"This living room is oh my God..... grande" Titi exclaimed, running to the fireplace.
"Wow! Magnificent! True son of his father!you know what I like!" Pa smiled, sitting on the chaise longue and stroking its material.
"Damn! The floor lamps are practically made of diamond" Juliana, Pa's second wife said, gushing over the floor lamp.
"Bro! I love this hard pretzels..... can I? He pleaded, reading the name off the package.
"No, you can't. But may!" I shrugged.

Ma went to the portrait, admiring the beautiful drawing.

"Now, we should get to know our room, right?" I said, leading them up the gold tiled staircase.

We went upstairs. There were lots of closed doors leading into many room. The first door was boldly, written 'TITI'. I pushed the door open revealing a pink colored room. We all entered into the room. Titi was literally, drooling and gushing. By the side, of the room was a study desk and chair and kinds of writing materials. A large pink wardrobe, with lots of Cinderella's sticker pasted all over it. Inside the wardrobe, were lots of cloths. Ranging from casuals to ball gowns. she was like 'WOW' when she sighted the dresses. A full length mirror, nightstand with an alarm clock, a large speaker, dressing table, a flower vase. She rushed to the connected bathroom. She dramatically, fell to the floor acting like one with convulsion upon sighting the bathroom.
The bathtub which she have wanted since her life. A towel rack and a shower cubicle and then few skincare products.

"Ok, money's good!" Juliana said, looking pretty lost.

We went over to the room next to Titi's which was boldly written 'EMY'.  it was more spacious than Titi's. It got similar features but differences such as the pink painted wall was blue..... the wardrobe was blue.... the stickers were that of superheroes. Lots of male appliances such as the PS5 console, headset and a laptop.

"Bro! Is this my room?" Emeka asked, collapsing on the king sized bed as he stroked the furry duvet.
"yeah!"

He ran to me giving me a big hug.

"Everybody will want to be my friend now!" He said, crying.
"Everybody will want you now, even didi" I consoled, whispering the latter part to him. reminding him of his crush who rejected him because she asked him of fifty Naira, if he was rich.

We laughed remembering that funny moment.
I showed Pa, ma and Juliana their rooms. Ordered the cooks to prepare Ofe Onugbu and well prepared Fufu.

He wiped their tears, literally.
He's such a good son..... he forgave his Pa.... just like that!

Moral lesson: always have dah forgiving spirit In u..... you might've been hurt real bad..... forgive and sleep with a clean conscience.

Love y'all😘 and stay tuned for chap 28

Your favorite teen authoress🔰📑........
        Oziomajasmine💝💝