Chap 20

Eva's POV.
Mom had to go home to take care of Abam. I went in to his ward in tears when I was told by the nurses that I was free to go in, but not stress or disturb him. He was still unconscious. I tried to listen to his heartbeat, but it was beating at a slower pace. I cried, wishing that I never started up the silliest fight with him. I sat on the office chair next to his bed, held him on the hands giving a light squeeze and then prayed to God to please bring him back to life that instant. I couldn't live without him. I could remember, the overwhelming sadness that came over me when I heard from Abam that Ade wasn't living with us. I felt like my whole life stopped and an instant, a potato marsher came mashing my whole life.

This face was gonna look into my eyes, right? It was gonna smile at me. It was gonna air me kisses. It was gonna talk with me. right? what if he was mad at me and decided to die? I still loved him and will still....

"Ade! Ade! This shit not gonna happen. Is this how you gon' punish me? if anything happens to you, I'll hate you and then kill you and kill myself!" I cried, shaking his motionless body.

I couldn't bear seeing him like this, it hurt. I was to be blamed. Why was I harsh on me? Why the malaria? He was fine weeks ago? I stood up and went to a corner to cry.

It was the third day, staying in the hospital with the unconscious Ade. His pale face, his lifeless body, the stupid wires and the beeping sound of that irritating machine. The doctor keeps saying "we pray he survives."

"He will..God loves him" I snapped angrily.
"We pray so" the doctor said, leaving the ward.

I looked at the poor boy. He wasn't talking to me, he wasn't smiling at me. Just lifeless. Just motionless.
It was Thursday, the forth day of his admission, something very bad happened. Ade started to exhale and inhale greatly. He looked like he was having a seizure. His face drained of all color. His face frightened me.

"Doctor!" I screamed rushing out of his ward to the doctors office.

The doctors rushed into his ward to examine him. I waited outside for the doctors to do their duty. I couldn't help but stare through the awning,the doctors were using the defibrillator on him, his body jerking upwards and then they'd do it again and again. I prayed and prayed begging God to have mercy on us and miraculously maneuvre the situation. Mom was in the hospital, Lucy, Helen and clover. the doors to Ade's ward got opened and I rushed to them, searching for answers.

"We tried our very best, he's not responding. We couldn't help him." He said, giving me a light  nod.
"What!" I screamed, dizziness coming over me.

I fell to the ground and everything went black. I was later awakened by the mom's crying where I was registered. The tubes connected to me, limiting my movements. Lucy and all, were all crying. I didn't want to believe it. It was a lie. I stood up from the bed, removing the stupid wires connected to my body.

"Eva! Come back!" Mom cried.

I went out of my ward to his. I went close to him, the defibrillator catching my attention. Maybe, if I gave him a little of this, he'd be fine, right? I got the defibrillator positioning it to his heart. I placed it on his heart and the first one I gave him, made his lifeless body kind of jerk upwards. I was scared immediately, throwing away the machine away from me. It was then it dawned on me. Maybe, he was gone. We just lost him in the last thirty minutes. Well, his cells still had four to five hours to completely die..so, he had chances of coming back to life, right?

"Ade, you have to survive, you have to! I'm really sorry! I love you.... you'll wake up or I'll kill myself.... I'll kill myself!" I yelled crying.
"Eva open the door!" Mom screamed, banging on the door.

I went towards him, caressed his cheek and giving him a light squeeze on his hands. He wasn't gonna leave him. I hadn't told him that I loved him yet. I pecked him on the lips, my tears falling onto his face, as I cried hard. I felt empty. I should die as well, it was my fault. I went towards the drawer next to his bed and took out a scissors.

Maybe, I should end my life as well.

I took up the scissors ready to stab myself when I heard a "NO."

So Adejoke just died.
Well, his life is wrapped just around my fingers.
I want him dead tho. He's my favorite and all, don't get me wrong.
Eva! Eva!
I told you'd regret this, hehe!
You'll face the consequences of knowing your Ade......whatever!
Lucy......or Eva?
Will Eva kill herself?

Read on.....
Love y'all😘 and stay tuned for chap 21

Your favorite teen authoress🔰📑........
        Oziomajasmine💝💝