29.

Crystal.

one month later.

"Friday can't get here fast enough. I miss you" I said, immediately poking my bottom lip afterwards.

"I miss you too baby. This shit is dragging but I'll be on the field all week so it should go by fast"

"Yeah, for you" I rolled my eyes as Zac and I carried on our conversation over Facetime. The season started a week ago and he's barely been home. The Falcons were 3-0 though and My Man was out there kicking ass, taking names and scoring touchdowns left and right. He told me he was going to "play with his dick out" so I guess that's what that means. The first home game was this coming Friday and I couldn't wait to see My Man again.

I heard Coach Washington let the guys know their plane would be ready soon, making me sour. "Hey mama, I gotta go so let me see you before you hang up on me" Zac said, showing all his pearly whites and I sucked my teeth because I already knew what he wanted to see. "Crystal" he sternly said to me, his eyes narrowed.

"I heard you Zac. Damn" I leaned forward, propping my phone up of the coffee table in front of me before standing up and turning to the side. I held my shirt up and adjusted the drawstring of my pants just enough to show the small pudge that was growing.

"Baby, you're getting big" Zac said, almost in awe. "You know what? I've tried not to examine every part of my body since you left but I swear I'm growing by the hour" I rubbed my belly as I turned to face the phone, making him smile. "I'm excited. I can't lie, I'm a little scared but hey, we're adults and I knew exactly what I was doing" I said as proudly as I wanted to.

"I told you to stay off TikTok Crys" I watched him as he stood and grabbed his carryon from the seat next to him. "You gotta stop stressing yourself out. It's not healthy for either of you and you definitely knew what you was doing. Made it hard to get outta there every time. Mm"

"Shut up Zac and I know, I know.." I sighed, "I'll start doing better"

"Yeah, you better" he looked down at the phone a few times as he started walking. I figured he was about to board. "I love you both and I'll call you as soon as I land if it's not during your nap time, okay?"

"We love you too and okay babe" I flashed a quick smile so he wouldn't see my eyes filling with tears.

doop doop!

I crossed my arms and fell over to my side as tears started running over the bridge of my nose. Some people might say a week isn't that long but it is when you only want to be under the person that's been gone. In an attempt to take my mind off of being alone, I opened my calendar to see my next doctor's appointment was next Wednesday. I really didn't have much to do the rest of this week and I got the best idea in almost an instant and I quickly sat up to make another call.

"Hey babes! How you feeling?" Dinorah asked as soon as the phone connected. We told her about the baby the day after I told Zac. She has one of her own so I knew it wouldn't be long before she caught on. "I'm good. I kept lunch down so I'm doing better than yesterday but are you busy this week? Like busy enough to not be able to get on a plane with me and go to Detroit for a few days?" She chuckled, shaking her head as looked over her work calendar. "Well, actually I could pull that off. Your God baby is with her dads parents for her GG's birthday so I'm free"