Chapter Thirty-Three

Wen Ning could not read Wei Ying's face as he had hidden it behind his hair, but his cultivation grew before he heard Wei Ying's cold somber voice speak, 

"Bring her to me" 

Wen Ning got up as he eyes Lan DiSung and saw fear in them not for the man he was sitting on, no, more for the person Wei Ying had ordered him to collect. Wen Ning turned as thought about the past, he remembered when his Ying-ge got emotional and ordered him to do what was needed as in the time he had woken by the daunting Dizi when Ying-Ge woke the corpses within the encampment and heard his Jie tears, then heard the orders to harm anyone that had harmed him.

No one ever thought that harming his family would hurt him, not until he unleashed his rage on those cultivators, then it was Ying-ge again who called to him from the darkness his name 'Wen QiongLin' still ran in his ears when he felt out of control.

When he along with the help of Lan Wangji bought back his conscious, Wen Ning never told anyone that it was ChenQing and the Yin Hufu at the time who stalled him so that Wen Ning could hear the sounds of the GuQin and his Ying-Ge calling to him, so much so when asked how he felt all he wanted to do was cry.

At QiongQi path even though he admits to himself he had indeed lost control due to the other Flute, it was ChenQing who was fighting back but it was not enough as he had done something he regretted and even though forgiven it would haunt him. The one time he disobeyed was when his Ying-Ge had pleaded for them not to leave, they had then been wrong, for three days he struggled against his bond trying to break free find his Jie and return but then the voice of the Yin Hufu and ChenQing came to him, numbing his mind, placing him in a sleep like state, there were moments of clarity but ChenQing always took care of him always played for him, always placed him back to sleep. 

"Wen Ning?"

Wen Ning looked up and saw that he had made it to where he needed to be and yet everyone was staring at him, he turned to BoaShan Sanren who had called him.

"Is there danger?" she asked again

"No, immortal Wei Ying has asked to speak to elder Lan" said Wen Ning as he shuffled his feet uncomfortable with so many eyes on him.

"Lan Ling, I believe that Wei Ying is ready" said BoaShan Sanren

"I will come as well," said Lan BaiChen

Wen Ning was happy when BoaShan Sanren indicated for him to show the way and turned and walked the silence remained for a little while until she spoke again.

"Wen Ning is there something wrong with Wei Ying?"

Wen Ning stiffened before he dropped his shoulders "He is... feels..." There was no way he could explain it without causing some tension.

"I see" said BoaShan Sanren as she sighed "It is fine Wen Ning"

Wen Ning could not understand how BoaShan Sanren knew but just accepted it as it was, once they reached the willow tree, they saw Wei Ying standing with his back turned towards them as Lan DiSung was holding his hand although to anyone else it seemed like the other way around.

"SunZi" called BaoShan Sanren

Wen Ning noticed Lan DiSung turn his eyes no longer fearful before Wei Ying knelt to him and whispered something softly, then Lan DiSung smiled brightly before making his was to Wen Ning and slipped his warm hand within Wen Ning, now Wen Ning understood the concern, as reflex Wen Ning would normally change to his corpse when his emotions was heightened and something he had yet learn to fully control.

"Waipo" said Wei Ying as he handed her the box, watching as BaoShan Sanren looked through everything, smiling at the painted pictures but frowned at the yellowed documents as if trying to make sense of them.